College Football 2022

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Lane Kiffin wasn't so happy/generous at the end of the game having gone off on the officials over his claim that a Tech player spit on one of his players and used a racial slur.

2. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what it means but Alabama has lost 12 players to the portal but just a couple are starters and a couple more had significant playing time. We have only picked up 1 so far. A tight end from Maryland.

3. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I think the topper was that the victim (Ole Miss player) was penalized on the play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Terry O'Keefe

Also both players involved were black so I don't get the racial slur. I thought the (unwritten) rule was that black performers, ie comedians, actors, etc could use the N word but not white performers.

5. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Maybe the TT player told the Ole Miss player that he plays like a white boy.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Terry O'Keefe

That Texas Tech player issued a statement through the school and said essentially that Kiffin was lying.
    Tech Coach backed up his player.

Another case of tampering, I mean if the Sam Hartman to ND is supposed to be tampering. How about this, the kid goes into the portal today and is already headed to Wisconsin.

SMU quarterback Tanner Mordecai entered the transfer portal Thursday night and is expected to land at Wisconsin, sources told ESPN.

7. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

F*** them. I enjoyed all the whining about Hartman while reading articles about several players who declared for the portal and are expected to land at Wisconsin. No one is crying about Fickell and tampering. They're just upset that ND may fill the one true hole they had in their lineup. I hope Hartman comes to ND and puts up Heisman numbers. The tears of NDs haters are delicious.

8. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Watching Texas Tech wrap themselves in the memory of Mike Leach was sickening. If Mike were still here, he'd tell them to eff off.

9. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

It's the new way of doing business. Basically, there are no rules and people get upset based on the rules and regs of yesterday which have nothing to do with today or tomorrow. When your favorite team runs out of the tunnel next September on opening day only then do you have a roster that you can count on. Whether that roster can hold together for the entire season is debatable. The portal and NIL have rendered successful high school recruiting a distant second. Who would you rather have under these new circumstances; a 5 star high school recruit who may change his mind 3 or 4 times in the next four years or a solid, established college level player who can fill an immediate need ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

Disappointing loss by the Longhorns last night in the Alamo Bowl. It's our 5th loss and all of them by a TD or less. Critical drops by some recievers, defense couldn't get to Penix got close but no sacks. Running game suffered with our top 2 backs on the sideline dreaming of the NFL combine. Washington ran on our defense with our top player also over there cheering on his teammates with his civvies.

But at least we made a bowl this year, beat Kansas, and had a great recruiting class. Quinn Ewers overall was a disppointment this year, he'll need to improve next year quite a bit if all the hype about him being a future top NFL draft pick. He might have to do it without Xavier Worthy who a lot of people will be shocked if he doesn't enter the portal and end up at USC.

Sark doesn't have a warm seat though since this season was an improvement, and I imagine next year we have a good chance at 10 wins and competing for the B12 title. That doesn't mean fans are all 100% behind him as expectations were really high after we gave Alabama a good game.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Terry O'Keefe

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Terry O'Keefe

Joe Milton who has a rocket arm but played his way out of Ann Arbor and then at Tenn he was the starter and played his way out of that job and Hooker took over. He's looking good tonight though and has another year I think (Covid year) so maybe things are finally coming together for him.

He certainly has the body type and arm strength that the NFL covets..but so did Ryan Mallett

• Like Like x 1
  13. Terry O'Keefe

BTW is it just me or does Josh Heupel look less like a former Nat'l Championship QB and more like Phil Fulmer these days?:confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Terry O'Keefe

Vols are handling Clemson on the scoreboard but not in the stats.

Clemson More 1st downs, more yardage, more rushing, more passing, time of possession by a lot...but they are losing

15. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Difficult to analyze the stats sometimes, but this loss to Tennessee, has to be difficult for the Clemson fans and team as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I hope the Alabama players are more excited about todays Sugar Bowl than I am. I just can't work much enthusiasm. I'm sure the extra practice and game time will help prep for next season.

17. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is just much ado about nothing since the relationship has ended...but I don't know nuthin' about betting.

18. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Kyle, it seems to me an inevitable consequence of having set the bar so high in past seasons.

Stu, I also saw that. Like you, I have no idea what it means.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Brees better have someone start his car for him for the next few months.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Sid, Yeah best case we get to number 5 in the final poll. I'm proud that Young and Anderson are willing to play but I almost wish that their younger backups would play today to get ready for a championship