College Football 2022

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Hopefully not Terry. QB's don't run much in the NFL if they want to live. The scouts have plenty of tape on his passing ability, so I'd bet his stock won't change much assuming the normal successful reconstruction. If it was his arm, he'd be in trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kp

kp Well-Known Member

A lot.of rumors flying around that Kiffin is going to Auburn. Supposedly he will announce after the Miss. State game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Kiffin and Auburn boosters a match made in heaven! A repeat of the move of Tuberville to Auburn, that worked out well, at least till it didn't. Looking up his time at Auburn he had a good record. Alabama was down and Auburn was up. He was gone after the 5-7 2008 season. He sent a lot of players to the NFL.

So Kiffin should be careful what he wishes for as Auburn boosters are not kind to coaches who don't measure up, or maybe to coaches who don't beat Alabama.

Also I'm not sure why he thinks Auburn is a better job. It's been reported that Ole Miss was ready to up his $$$$ to make him one of the highest paid coaches. I don't know why Auburn would be an easier place to recruit players either. It does seem like he'd be treated better at Ole Miss.

4. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Yeah, well Auburn has won a couple of National Championships but the relationship between the admin and the wealthy boosters has been a dumpster fire and the AD and the HC are usually the casualties. I don't think it's a big enough move up to warrant putting up that. Of course this could all be a Kiffin ploy to get.more money out of Ole Miss.

5. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Watching the Ole Miss vs Miss. State game and there is some of the worst officiating I've ever seen.

6. Terry O'Keefe

I didn't watch the game, but the final score indicates it was a pretty exciting/close game. I have to wonder why Auburn thinks that Kiffin is so great after losing 4 out of his last 5 games? But he says that he's staying at Ole Miss. If he leaves after saying this then he's a bad man.

Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin says he anticipates staying with the Rebels in 2023, even if Auburn offers him the chance to fill its head-coaching vacancy.

Kiffin was asked about his status after Thursday's 24-22 home loss to Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl, Ole Miss' third consecutive defeat to end the regular season. Kiffin, who is in his third year as Rebels coach, has been viewed as one of Auburn's top candidates to replace Bryan Harsin, who was fired Oct. 31.

"Yes, I do," Kiffin said Thursday when asked if he expects to return to Ole Miss next season.

7. Terry O'Keefe

I have to say that Mike Leach has done a better job than I thought he would coming to the SEC. I thought he'd probably be gone in a year after SEC defenses eviscerated his offense. But while he hasn't set the league on fire, he's 4-4 in 2021 and 22.

8. kp

kp Well-Known Member

He also is running a pretty conventional offense. Maybe he doesn't have the personnel in place yet.

9. Terry O'Keefe

Solid win by the Longhorns. They settled down and ran the ball with Bijan Robinson in the 2nd half, which took the ball out of Quin Ewers hands. Robinson goes out with a great 2nd half. It might be his last game as a Longhorn. I won't be shocked if we don't end up playing in the B12 Championship game which we need Kansas to beat KState for that to happen, that he opts out of any bowl game we play.

Baylor QB was pretty bad, or maybe the Longhorn defense was too good for him. They did dominate the TOP in the 1st half but only had a 2 point lead. I don't know how it turned out but we definitely dominated in the 4th qtr.

In the overall scheme of things the season might be a mild disappointment, I don't think anybody expected a CFP team but this is a team that underachieved a little bit. It is a team that never should have lost to Texas Tech, and had every opportunity to beat TCU. But then we beat OU like a drum 49-0 so that always makes it a pretty big season.

10. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Who says they don’t play defense in the PAC 12?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

AJ, that was a great win over Iowa yesterday. Congratulations! I have a feeling things will be much better next season.:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Targeting? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Thanks Don! Just waiting on the NHC announcement now!

14. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Nebraska gave us a chance! (to play against tOSU or Michigan). :p:eek: But we gotta win today in the rivalry game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Terry O'Keefe

I am seeing people say that Matt Rhule will be the next Nebraska HC. If so that is a very good hire.

16. Terry O'Keefe

I see that FSU finished off a very good season with the win over the Gators. Mike Norvell who had a rough 2021 season seems to have turned the corner at FSU with this 9-3 season

17. kp

kp Well-Known Member

It's game day for the Auburn game. Weird things happen in this game, I just hope the "good" Alabama shows up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

His teams at Temple and Baylor played tough, physical football. He was on the wish list of a lot of PSU fans when Franklin looked like he was leaving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Terry O'Keefe

Pretty big shocker that Clemson lost to South Carolina. That's it for them as an outside chance at the CFP.

Right now there are 3 undefeated teams, if they win out of course they are locks, after that there are only 2 1 loss teams. Ohio State and USC. USC has 2 games left to play, should they lose 1 then it would seem that the Buckeyes will still make the CFP