Notre Dame Spring/Summer

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Kind of I guess.

I think Ga Tech does that white pants which is not typical for us on the road. Gold pants/ white jersey is the norm for us. I am glad they outlined the gold numbers with navy blue makes them easier to read.

2. Terry O'Keefe

I'm sure Ryan Day does not want his team to fall victim to as kp would say "rat poison" and have them maybe believe the press that this game is in the bag.

I have read that some think that this Ohio State offense will be the best in college football just as most say the Alabama defense will be the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Hoping for much better defense this year. I know that's the plan.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  4. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Amen to that.....hard to be much worse and compete for anything meaningful. Still not convinced that the Irish juggernaut won't have their way with the hapless defenders from old Columbus town. I'm happy to be proven wrong tho.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

I have to be conservative in my thoughts for the defense this fall. I hope we can show some progress with the defense from last season, especially against the run. Immediate turn arounds are not that easily accomplished. Notre Dame should be a good test to start the season!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Appreciate the compliment, Ralph. I hope you're right. We've failed the "good test" prediction in the past against teams similar to Ohio State. Teams like Clemson, Alabama, etc.

7. Terry O'Keefe

8. Terry O'Keefe

Everyone is eagerly awaiting Dylan Edward's ND verbal since he recently decomitted from Kansas State. He's a very fast RB/Slot receiver. Not big at 5'9" 165 lbs.

9. Terry O'Keefe

Phil Steele on the Irish.

Notre Dame – Marcus Freeman takes over and the team was excited for him to get the job. Unlike most first year head coaches, Freeman was the defensive coordinator here at ND last year and knows the personnel inside and out. The Irish have eight starters back on defense and my computer is calling for them to allow just 302 ypg and 19 ppg among the best in the country.

The offense has my #9 Offensive line and some very talented QB’s and will be potent. I do have them a dog at Ohio State and have two tossup games on the schedule at home vs Clemson and at USC. My Power Poll has them at #6 in the country and I expect a double-digit win season.

10. Terry O'Keefe

New offer at QB, not surprising though as reportedly the staff really likes the Novasasd kid from Austin who is a long shot and they really want a QB in the 2023 class.

Notre Dame expanded its board today by offering one of the most underrated players in the country, Hendersonville (Tenn.) Pope John Paul II quarterback Kenny Minchey.

The 6-2, 205-pound signal caller is currently committed to Pittsburgh, but the offer today is likely a result of him expressing at least some level of interest.

Minchey is coming off a brilliant junior season in which he threw for 3,280 yards and 32 touchdowns while completing 61.3% of his passes. Minchey also rushed for 137 yards and three touchdowns.

The Tennessee native was a standout this summer on the Elite 11 circuit. He shined at the Tennessee regional, which earned him an invite to the Elite 11 finals in Los Angeles.

11. Terry O'Keefe

In the win some/lose some category...Irish fans who follow recruiting are worried that Keon Keely is on his way out to Alabama, he was there this weekend. Also Peyton Bowen was at A&M and OU and many fear it's just a matter of time before he flips to one of them.

On the other side of the coin we are likely to benefit from flipping that RB from Kansas State , Dylan Edwards and hopefully one of the 2 QB's who we've offered recently who are currently verballed to Baylor and Pitt will flip for the Irish.

Of course, many are worried that if the Irish don't have a good season that there will be more defections from this excellent class before Dec.

12. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Bottom line: The kids rule the game now. You cannot count on verbal pledges at all. They will go to the highest bidder. You won't know your roster until kickoff.

13. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I'm not.sure it's always the highest bidder, but this is the way it has always been. That's why I say these kids will break your heart. I recommend not paying any attention to all of this until early December. That's what I do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Terry O'Keefe

I'm reading that some say that now there is money being paid to certain players to make a visit. Sort of a preview of the money that will be available in NIL if they sign with Team X

15. Terry O'Keefe

Well Novosad is sticking with Baylor, so right now it's the Pitt guy, Kenny Minchey we are hoping to flip. He's from the same HS in Tenn as Golden Tate. Haven't seen any other reports of Irish interests in current 2023 QB's.

16. Terry O'Keefe

I wonder if both Alabama QB commits, both highly ranked will stick through Dec? Would mind getting some Alabama leftovers!!:D

17. Terry O'Keefe

[​IMG]

That is a 14 y/o kid who now has an offer from ND.

The 6-foot, 300-pounder isn’t only gaining attention on social media either. The Santa Margarita Catholic High School standout is also receiving attention from college recruiters.

Parker added an offer from Notre Dame last month to go with offers he already had from Cal, Arizona, Miami and a couple other schools.

Other schools that Parker is receiving serious interest from right now include Michigan, Oklahoma, USC, Texas A&M, LSU and Michigan State among others.

From Mike Frank's ISD.
    Massive 14-Year-Old Tyler Parker Talks Notre Dame Offer

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  18. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

He appears to be slightly deformed?:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Terry O'Keefe

These 3 guys are announcing soon, the Irish are hopeful about all three. Ausberry would be stealing one right from under the nose of Brian Kelly, Minch would be getting one out of Ohio always tough to do, and the Edwards kid is supposed to be one of the fastest men in this class, he's the one who people feel is a lock to ND after he bailed on Kansas State for a visit to South Bend.

Irish fans though are still obsessed/worried with the status of currently committed and highly ranked prospects Keon Keely and Payton Bowen who have been off visiting other programs. I saw one guru predict that about half of the top 100 committed recruits will change their destinations before Nat'l Signing Day as better NIL deals surface.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Terry O'Keefe

Well 1 down as Jaden Ausberry has given his verbal to the Irish!

• Like Like x 1