Baseball Hot Stove 2021-22

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Sid, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Since the MLB collective bargaining agreement expires at midnight tonight, Dec.1, I thought I'd post the link to a Sports Illustrated article that explains the issues and offers insight into ways to compromise. It's a longer read than some might like, but I found it very informative. I recommend the article if you feel like taking the time to delve into the management/labor issues responsible for the expected lockout.
    MLB Lockout: Our No-Nonsense, Cut-the-Crap Guide to Baseball's Labor War - Sports Illustrated

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Dodgers are losing some big names to Free Agency and possibly more to come. I wish JO'Co were here to sort it all out.

3. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard from Corey?

4. Terry O'Keefe

I see him posting on Facebook, but I think he's done with the Skybox, not for any particular reason just doesn't find us interesting anymore I guess, or with all that he's had to deal with the last few years maybe just doesn't have the time or energy to keep up here as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

I'm kind of kidding...but I think he likes controversy. Seems like he's more successful stirring the pot on FB than here. Plus a lot of his FB conversations seem to be with family. Maybe since we lost JO'Co...:(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Terry O'Keefe

This is the stadium where I saw my first regular season MLB game. I had seen a number of MLB Spring Training games in West Palm Beach as a kid, the Kansas City Athletics trained there in the late 50's. But this is the temporary stadium that the Houston Colt .45's played at. It was in the corner of the parking lot of the Astrodome which was under construction.

It was hot, it was a mosquito paradise, pitchers lost 10lbs pitching there with the heat and humidity. I once was at a game that was fogged out. But it was MLB baseball and my new hero's played there, sometimes against my old hero's (The Dodgers).

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3