Notre Dame vs UNC

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 25, 2021.

1. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

JIF..some background...I was brought up on the east side or Providence..in the Brown U campus. Every saturday I went with my dad in 30s 40s and 50s to Brown stadium to watch the BEARS. in those days Brown played the best teams in East. Even went to first rose ball game. one team in 20s was called THE IRON MEN 11 men played every game on O and D and was undefeated and un scored on! we progressed to JOPA and RIP ENGLE area..and when JOPA and RIP left for Penn state.. I followed. Never had any use for ND and when Army used to crush ND I loved it!I could go on and on..but mister tumblwed is starting to get mad after a 3 year hiatis.oh how I would love to see ND play real teams!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Joel, I don't share the feelings that others have expressed. I consider you a friend. I have other friends who don't like ND. It doesn't affect those friendships. Your taunts over the years have been consistent, never in bad taste, and as far as I'm concerned, harmless.

3. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

4. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

thank you Sid 111 ! you are a good man/friend!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Sorry Joel, over the years I've tried to like you and converse with you, but I'm done. Time and Time again you've shown yourself to be a petty jerk.

6. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

There's nothing more hypocritical than a Patriots fan who criticizes other football schedules. For more than a decade the Pats have had two games a year with the pitiful Jets, the usually awful Bills and the incompetent Dolphins. With 6 gimmies they only have to go .500 against real teams and end up 12-6. When he whines that the league sets the schedule he completely overlooks that fact that we're contractually linked to the ACC and have 5 games set for us just like the NFL sets the Pats schedule. He's not the first anti-Catholic ND hater I've run into, he's just the most persistent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kp

kp Well-Known Member

At least you didn't call him a dick;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Terry O'Keefe

Hey those of you who like Joel, that's fine he's not in Dave's category that's for sure. He doesn't post much here anyway. I've just grown tired of his stuff and no longer want to try to be nice to him. But he's welcome to post his tiresome (to me) stuff.

9. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

and there it is...why would someone like that want to come and write posts on an ND thread when he clearly hates ND? His logic(real teams) is obviously flawed but he will never admit it.

Should ND schedule Brown or Army? Which real teams? What schedule would make him happy?

Maybe we should schedule Michigan, or Miami or Florida St, or USC or, Oklahoma, or Penn St etc.. oh sorry, we did.

Maybe we should schedule Mercer or Southern Miss like Alabama we know those are real teams right?

He does know a little college football history as Notre Dame's rise to power and relevance came on wins over the likes of Army back in the day. Problem for him is Notre Dame is still relevant after all these years and his team or teams he seem to like(still not 100% sure on that) are not.

He's a sad man who has no team to root for so he runs around with his stick poking the the bear till he gets his reaction. Then he can't take it when someone calls him out.

By the way JOEL, my 3yr hiatus as you call it, could have been due to a heart bypass operation in 2020 and a fractured femur in 2021.

Now tell us JOEL, exactly what team do you root for?

• Like Like x 1
  10. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why you have to take a shot a another school when defending yours but just to let you know Alabama has scheduled Michigan, Miami, Florida State, USC, Oklahoma, and Penn St. too. However we've never tried Toledo. Ball St., Miami(Ohio),South Florida help.to fill out schedules don't they? Look filling.up.a.schedule.around an eight team conference schedule can be difficult. Alabama has tried to include a ranked out of conference opponent annually so we usually end up playing several ranked teams a year as does Notre Dame.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Terry O'Keefe

Lorenzo Styles on the rise all across the board. Look at his hustle on Kyren's excellent punt return. At the end note how fast he comes up from out of the frame to make a block. The kid is going to be great, starting with the Navy game!

12. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Great block on the punt return. Impressive. Thanks, Terry.

13. Terry O'Keefe

One more time for a Spanish language members!

14. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Look at the incredible speed Avery Davis (3) has in the above run by Williams. It looks like a NC player is gaining on KW when Davis turns on the jets and cuts between Kyren and his pursuer. Didn't have to make contact and still disrupted a potential dive tackle.

15. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

16. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member

mr tumblweed..sorry about your health problems..hope you recover quickly. I suppose I cant blame you for two of my biggest HATES..ND FOOTBALL and El Paso TEXAS ( worse 20 weeks of my life were in that hell hole surrounded by mountains..20 degrees at nite and 80 degrees days training to defend you!)

17. Tim Gentry

Still can't answer the question. What team do you root for Joel?

18. Terry O'Keefe

Tim I put Joel on ignore so I don't have to see his posts, I suggest you do the same

19. Tim Gentry

Great idea!

20. jif5

jif5 Well-Known Member