Joe Biden

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Aug 11, 2020.

1. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Our grocery orders have started getting been increasingly hit and miss.

2. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

I was in the store today and noticed some shelves had some bare spots. Nothing I was after seemed to be affected but something is going on...

3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Empty sections on store shelves here . Car dealer lots are very sparse. And of course prices escalating daily.

4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

UNL's Sellout streak in jeopardy. LETS GO BRANDON!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Don't forget the CNN/Joe Biden Town Hall tonight, where Joe gets the questions ahead of time and his staff prepares the answers for him to give to those questions, and Anderson Cooper fawns over him all night.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

I think I’ll watch my Brownies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. George Krebs

I watched the Town Hall and Biden looked awful even with Anderson Cooper lobbing softballs and no hard hitting questions. Confused, stammered a lot, lost his train of thought. At one point he asked himself out loud " what am I doing here ? " while Cooper stared at him in amazement.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scott88

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Not being a billionaire with all those assets like a Monet or a fleet of antique cars or things like that I don't think I will have to worry about paying that tax, but that doesn't make it a fair tax and I hope it doesn't ever get to that. That whole tax the rich thing is just not right, it's been shown many times that the "rich" or top 10% of earners pay around 70% of the income tax. I've never understood why that isn't enough. I know you can find cases of rich people due to various tax deductions have years where they don't pay much, but that's not the case for most.

I'm all for a simpler tax code and taking a hard look at various deductions that are out there and really only the wealthy can take advantage of anyway.

Who Pays Income Taxes?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  10. Scott88

If you'll do a little checking, the original income tax was only targeted at the top 1%... how did that work out for us?
    The real damage would be in what happened to the market as all that money was removed and put elsewhere to avoid those idiotic taxes...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

As a moderate and slightly left of middle independent, I disagree with the following proposed change in taxation of capital gains:
    I'd support a small increase, say, to 25%, but, regardless of a person's income, I consider it unfair to tax CG at the ordinary income rate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

What the hell are we doing here?

BTW, has anyone heard the news from Japan? "Rets Go Brandon!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Well, when they look at the tax increases on the "1%" and find out that the revenue generated doesn't even scratch the surface of the new spending sprees we are about to embark on...do you think they are going to cut back on the spending?....or come for you??

Reminder; AMT tax passed in 1969 was supposed to affect 155 high earning households that were paying no income taxes through various deductions. By 2017 it affected 5.2 million taxpayers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. George Krebs

The audacity of the beltway carpetbaggers to ask for one additional cent in taxes after they left billions of dollars of arms and equipment in Afghanistan in their Three Stooges-like haste to hightail it out of there.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

It certainly seems that the SOLE policy of Bozo's administration is to undo everything Trump did no matter how beneficial it was for the country. Example include stopping the construction of the Keystone pipeline which did more to hurt Canada than the US. Then there was the halting of oil production on public lands, ending our energy independence, helping Russia and the Middle east producers and resulting in higher gas prices. We have the clusterF at the border with the ending of the Stay in Mexico program and the halt in construction of the border wall. Now in their sights is the tax cuts that made us much more competitive for corporate headquarters and seemed to spur GDP.
    Having now experienced 9 months of anti-Trump policy we can see why these anti-American leftists hated Trump so much, his policies worked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

18. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Read the entire article. I'm not sure how I feel about such a high payout, but it's not out of the kindness of the Biden administration's heart. It's a possible settlement offer far less per family than what is sought in the sum total of multiple lawsuits ($3.4 million per family) brought because of the conduct of the prior administration. Regardless of how you fee about illegal immigration, it appears to be the current administration's attempt to clean up the mess caused by the prior administration, i.e., separating children from parents with no plan for eventually reuniting them.

P.S. This is my opinion, respectfully expressed. I won't debate or otherwise engage. I will say in advance only that I'll respectfully agree to disagree with those whose opinions differ from mine.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  19. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The Federal government normally has sovereign immunity. It can be sued if it creates exceptions. Why settle this case. Are they afraid of a jury? The Justice Department just "settled" with Andrew McCabe and gave him everything he wanted. (That's not a settlement, it's a payoff for being the corrupt Democratic puppet he was.) This payoff to lawbreakers is a joke. It's just like Obama sending millions in untraceable cash to Iran. It's not defensible.

20. George Krebs

These people broke into the country. They were not invited. Children came in with adults but in many cases they were not family. I would not capitulate on this. Take it to trial. It has Supreme Court all over it. The first act in the entire sequence of events were foreigners entering the US illegally. That is a pretty shaky foundation for a law suit, is it not ?