Political insanity.... nothing new

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 29, 2021.

1. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Let's take another poll shall we?

I'm happy as **** with the first 6 months of this administration's effort....WHO'S WITH ME?....

BTW Dave, Bidens President now.

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Liz Chaney is officially out, and life goes on.

3. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

She was fired.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Well she is certainly fired up that's for sure. Again, if you love and live for politics this is a big deal I guess. For me it's just politics.

5. Motorcity Gator

She has 18 months to give it back..... and I am pretty sure she will.

Don't look for it on Fox News however. Obviously the stolen election lie will live on for Fox News though and in the minds of the 38% of general election voters voting for Trump in the next presidential election.

6. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Anyone on here remember MCG ranting about the Russian collusion lie? Me neither. Obviously not every politician can gracefully accept defeat like say Stacy Abrams. So let's summarize, after 4 years of the Trump Presidency that was smeared by false Russian rigging of the Trump election Trump gives the Dems some of their own medicine and they get indignant. **** them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Motorcity Gator

"Russian collusion lie"........... there has been definitive proof that there was Russian election interference in 2016. Can they prove without doubt that Trump himself colluded? That is the sticking point and is what got him personally off the hook for that interference.... for now. Factbox: Key findings from Senate inquiry into Russian interference in 2016 U.S. election
    "Below are key findings of the U.S. Senate intelligence committee’s final report released on Tuesday about Russian efforts to influence the 2016 U.S presidential election in which Republican Donald Trump defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton.
    The bipartisan report, three-and-a-half years in the making, found Russia used Republican political operative Paul Manafort, the WikiLeaks website and others to try to influence the 2016 election to help now-U.S. President Donald Trump’s campaign."

8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

You want to know why the Russians interfered with our elections. Read this
    Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks in summer 2016
    That's right, Obama told our cyber security people to stand down and not try to prevent Russian interference. The most obvious reason is, that he believed that the Russians would be trying to help Hillary since she'd already let them buy our uranium producers and for a few contributions to the Clinton Foundation she could be bought. You Trump haters are terminally hopeless.
    Any thoughts about the tens of thousands of uneducated poor streaming across our border, many infected with Covid and other diseases? Any thoughts about the American hating curriculums being taught in our public schools when our lazy ass teachers return to classrooms? Any thought about inflation brought about by uncontrolled federal spending? Any thoughts about Palestinian rockets pouring down on Israel probably purchased with cash provided in the night to Iran by that Shia ass-kissing Obama? Probably not, you're too consumed with TDS.

9. Motorcity Gator

Gipper I don't watch Fox News et. al. so those particular things don't consume me because they are not rammed down my throat on a minute by minute basis as full of venom and slanted reporting as they are.

Therefore I thankfully only hear about the insane rantings of Tucker Carlson secondhand.

Interesting read on the complexities of dealing with the Russian interference in the 2016 election:
    FACT CHECK: Why Didn't Obama Stop Russia's Election Interference In 2016?

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  10. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

This part of the article perfectly describes the pathetically impotent Obama administration.
    "Among other things, top U.S. intelligence officials — including then-CIA Director John Brennan — privately warned their Russian counterparts not to persist with their active measures. Obama himself told Russian President Vladimir Putin not to interfere in the election. These warnings did not work."
    Like the dad watching TV and yelling to the kids "don't make me come up there."
    You're constantly posting CNN articles. There's a big reason why their ratings are so poor. Only the truly hopeless watch them any more. But, it a good way of keeping your head in the sand when it's not up your ass.

11. Motorcity Gator

That article is from Rueters by the way.

12. Motorcity Gator

These are quotes from ousted conservative Liz Cheney and you can find your preferred source to read them if you wish.... because she said them... it's not my words.... words of CNN.... Obama's words.... it's the words of a traditional GOP conservative who was fired because she failed to hold allegiance to a former president who lost the last election by 7 million votes and persists in lying about that election being stolen from him:
    "He's unfit," she said. "He never again can be anywhere close to the Oval Office."
    "For reasons that I don't understand, leaders in my party have decided to embrace the former President who launched that attack," Cheney said. "And I think you've watched over the course of the last several months, the former President get more aggressive, more vocal, pushing the lie, and I think that's a really important thing for people to understand. This isn't about looking backwards. This is about the real-time current potential damage that he's doing, that he continues to do."

13. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

So typical...instead of addressing those issues you merely point out that since they only are reported by conservative outlets you don't hear about them or believe they exist or are unimportant. Well, they are important. Instead of addressing Gip's points you fall back on "It's Fox News...nyah, nyah, nyah."

14. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

There is no doubt in my mind that the rift between the Cheney faction and the die-hard Trump faction has the potential to damage the Republican Party and risks the 2022 elections. One hopes that the adults in the room (if any are left) can get both those sides to focus on the problems of the country instead of all the infighting.

15. Motorcity Gator

Those are issues Stu.... I read about them.... but they are alongside other issues as well....and not just presented as THE issue as promulgated by Fox News.... who typically avoid other anti-Trump, anti-alt right issues like the Liz Cheney situation and the ramifications of the ongoing Big Lie.

16. Motorcity Gator

I agree Stu.... I want there to be a viable two party system in this country.... there has to be for democracy to work properly. We in the electorate need those viable choices. Trump has so alienated 2/3 of the nation and now he has done the same within the Republican party itself. It's not a good political scenario for the country moving forward.

17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Quite frankly Cheney is as delusional as other Trump haters. Investigation of the Capitol demonstration had been planned weeks in advance. That completely disproves the claim that Trump instigated the incident. But you just can't reason with TDS sufferers.
    Capitol Attack Was Planned Openly Online For Weeks—Police Still Weren’t Ready
    Oh and by the way the final findings indicate that no one was "killed" during the demonstration except one of the demonstrators. Like so many other stories thrown out by the media, the claims that guards were killed was complete ********.

18. Motorcity Gator

Yeah.... it was a bunch of peaceful old geezers just gettin together to share stories, etc. etc.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...743642-60e2-11eb-9430-e7c77b5b0297_story.html

19. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be in his DNA, he thrives on stirring the pot.

20. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

2/3rds huh....your hillarious.