Political insanity.... nothing new

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

It's people like you Dave who drive this political insanity. You can't stop posting about it, posting about the former president, implying that anybody who is a Republican is a problem. If people don't think like you then they are just wrong and I can imagine you are one of those people who won't buy products from a company who doesn't support your political views, I would imagine you might even need to know who your dentist, doctor, etc voted for before you could trust them. I can imagine that if you owned a business that you might refuse to serve any Republican politician or anybody who came in wearing an article of clothing indicating support for a Republican.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Nah...his hatred for conservatives runs deep but I think he just likes to stir the pot...not to engage in constructive dialogue but to agitate folks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

In case you haven't heard, the new "American Families Plan" has some intrusive ways of keeping track of your money. After all if they want to spend trillions they have to find ways of taxing it from the productive.
    Under Biden Plan, The IRS Would Know A Lot More About Your Bank Accounts
    George Orwell was a very prescient individual
    And then there are our schools. According to one article US test scores compared with others "falling behind many other countries, such as Japan, Poland, and Ireland, which have greatly improved. In fact, U.S. test scores are now below the global average"
    U.S. Education Rankings Are Falling Behind the Rest of the World
    Making matters worse are US teachers unions that are sitting at home on their asses while millions of American kids are trying to learn something online.
    So what are our leftist school boards doing to improve the skills of American students? Why they're doing away with advanced math classes as some sort of woke equity crap.
    Virginia moving to eliminate all accelerated math courses before 11th grade as part of equity-focused plan
    Defunding the police was just the beginning.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Motorcity Gator

"I can imagine you are one of those people who won't buy products from a company who doesn't support your political views, I would imagine you might even need to know who your dentist, doctor, etc voted for before you could trust them. I can imagine that if you owned a business that you might refuse to serve any Republican politician or anybody who came in wearing an article of clothing indicating support for a Republican." So not me.... I don't go that far. I even have friends and family that bleed GOP.... I just don't talk politics with them to any extent.
    I don't post things like the Politico article to agitate.... it's pretty interesting if you read it. And I don't conduct the polls that indicate Republicans are far more likely to avoid the vaccine than are Democrats..... whatever their reasons are. Sometimes facts are facts..... truth is truth. You can't put a spin on everything all the time and reinterpret actual events to suit how you feel about it.

6. Terry O'Keefe

I wish you would do that here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Number one you should by now know how to answer a Post like Terry's without running it together like you did in this post.

Number two he and Stu are absolutely right about you and your quote above is a big BS.

You are on thin ice.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Motorcity Gator

Responding to criticism from within the GOP for a friendly gesture she made to Joe Biden the other night as a made his way down the aisle GOP rep. Liz Cheney had this to say:
    Cheney defended that decision on Twitter saying "I disagree strongly w/ @JoeBiden policies, but when the President reaches out to greet me in the chamber of the US House of Representatives, I will always respond in a civil, respectful & dignified way. We're different political parties. We're not sworn enemies. We're Americans."

9. Terry O'Keefe

Didn't you recently call Republicans "Joe Dirt", that shows the respect you have for us.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Motorcity Gator

Not you guys Terry.... but the majority of the voting base in the GOP should have zero concern about paying more taxes under the Biden tax proposal.
    And that has always been a mystery as to why they think they fit in that over 400K group.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Motorcity Gator

I'm wondering if anyone here can explain what Lindsey Graham is saying here rather than just personally attacking me or threatening to ban me for my opinions ( or ban me for Lindsey Graham's opinions) :

Regarding the vote to remove Liz Cheney from her position as 3rd ranking House member:
    Sen. Lindsey Graham explained the equation when he was asked Monday whether there was a place in the party for anyone who opposed Trump.
    "Sure, you're just not going to be a leader of the party if you're anti-Trump," the South Carolina Republican said.
    So it would seem that the GOP is presently in a virtual Trump stranglehold. You either get in line with his stolen election premise or you're a party nobody.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  12. Stu Ryckman

If you take the whole of what Lindsey Graham has said...it is his opinion that the party has to get past the Trumpers vs. the Never Trumpers and focus on more important things like fighting what is happening to this country...and he is saying that Liz Cheney cannot put it behind her and is staking out her position on the Trump issue rather than trying to lead the party into the future. Kumbaya and all that. I will grant you that the Pro Trumpers are just as bad on the other side of the fence.

13. Motorcity Gator

"he was asked Monday whether there was a place in the party for anyone who opposed Trump."

Seems clear.....if you oppose Trump and all of his political stances..... most especially the "stolen" election theory.... then you are not going to be a party leader. Trump is an all in kind of guy.... he doesn't accept any opposition to his ideas.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Terry O'Keefe

Yet another political thing I could care less about.

Why people would think that when Trump had a lot of support, I mean he did get 75 Million votes that he would just suddenly disappear and that the GOP would never hear from him again and those who supported him would completely walk away like he never existed.

So no shock that he still has a lot of support from those in Congress who supported him before he lost.

But people like Dave who no doubt get up every morning looking for things about Trump and get their outrage going eat this stuff up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Liz is like her father a supporter of sending our troops overseas to use up billions of dollars of war material. Trump was in favor of, and to a large degree, did withdraw troops from the Middle East. Trump represents the outsider someone who despises the Swamp. Cheney, Romney, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, and yes Graham are in Washington not to do what's best for the American people, they're there to do what's best for them, their friends and their wallet.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stu Ryckman

I guess what matters is whether you worry about the personality or the results and policies;

"In an op-ed in The Washington Post this week, she framed the Republican Party as "at a turning point" in whether it will choose "truth and fidelity to the Constitution" or the "cult of personality" of Trump.

Yet, Cheney's voting record as a congresswoman was closely aligned with Trump's priorities while he was in office, according to a FiveThirtyEight analysis that showed she voted in line with him 92.9% of the time." (quoting USA Today)

Do I think it would have been better if he had toned down the rhetoric, especially at the end? Yes. But the rhetoric has been hot and heavy from both sides and plenty of fanning of flames from the media and Dems as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Motorcity Gator

"But people like Dave who no doubt get up every morning looking for things about Trump and get their outrage going eat this stuff up."

I'm gonna venture that out of the votes that Trump received in November there were millions who would not identify themselves as supporters of Trump and his policies but rather voted as supporters of the Republican nominee over the Democratic nominee and Republicans not supporting Trump is especially the case since the incessant Big Lie on the election and the Jan. 6th insurrection.

When Trump was in the White House he ran his presidency as he is now running the GOP.....and that is as if it's a giant corporation.... and not a political party where members are allowed to have differing opinions than his. In the corporation..... when you disagree publicly with the CEO you are fired.... and that is how he views the GOP. It's his to run and you had better not disagree.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Terry O'Keefe

You can't quit, he's not the president and nothing is going to change that, yet you come here all the time to talk about Trump.

Why don't you come here to talk about your support for Joe Biden and the Democratic party. Why don't you talk about your support for the various things Biden is doing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Gee sounds like Trump was an adherent of cancel culture the method adopted by the left's social media, education system and media. Isn't it awful that people that don't toe the company line are summarily dismissed. How far does someone have to have his head up his ass to not see how the left operates?

20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

We're having a gas shortage here in Fla. and other eastern states. Not to fear though we have an energy czar (a czarina actually.) Once again political patronage and not competence as the overriding factor in job assignment. Yes sir the incompetent former governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm is in charge of "energy." Surprised Joe the Moron isn't pleased with what's happening. After all his first executive action was to shut down the Keystone pipeline. Well at least it's taking attention away from his *********** at the border.