Requiem for a campaign

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

2. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

3. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

This latest resurgence is being fueled by the 35 and under crowd. They are totally ignoring the protocols.

4. Motorcity Gator

Agreed George..... I have seen it myself in bars. I'm off to the side staying away from anyone that tries to get close.... even people I know and the regular bar crowd is acting as if nothing has ever happened with Covid-19 talking in each other's face and drunk hanging all over each other etc. etc.
    Between the protestors, Trump rallies and the bar crowd it's a large lump of people totally disregarding any of the measures needed to prevent the spread of the virus.

5. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

o_O :confused: :rolleyes:

6. Motorcity Gator

Yes Kes I have ventured out to karaoke.... but it's been weird because I'm normally a friendly guy but now I avoid everyone and come in close contact with no one.

7. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

"Gipper I really don't see how an article about Obama in 2011 has any bearing on the bizarre behavior and failings of Donald Trump today in 2020."
    OH, I'm sorry, I must have missed your post about being worried that there was an empty chair in the Oval Office. But then since you waste so much of your time watching CNN, you would never have seen that quote anyway. Bolton's a bomb thrower. I take his statements about Trump while not under oath as seriously as I'd take comments from an ex-wife.

8. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

So you're going to GOP/Trump bars? Because that's the only reason they are acting like that, the President told them to do so, right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Motorcity Gator

Terry the people I know including family members and close friends who have believed it is some sort of conspiracy or who are Trump supporters have not taken the virus seriously and they do not practice safe habits for avoiding the virus.
    That said I'm sure in a crowded bar when people are hanging all over each other and spitting in each other's face as they talk drunk nonsense are both Trumpers and Democrats.
    At a Trump rally I would say that 99.999% of the people doing that foolish stuff are Trumpers..... :)

10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I can hear it now....Ok...up next is Dave from Tampa singing Detroit Rock City!

11. Motorcity Gator

AJ I did Layla unplugged by Eric Clapton the other night.... and I nailed it.

I like doing songs that you don't hear a lot because people do tend to sing the same ones over and over...
    i.e. I don't care if I ever hear Hands by Neil Diamond ever again.... :)

12. Motorcity Gator

Bars are closed again in Florida.... 9,000 new cases yesterday so we are obviously going backwards here in the sunshine state..... as is Texas.
    However.... if you just listen to V.P. Pence you will walk into a bar here and wonder where in the hell is everybody?
    "And Vice President Mike Pence, who leads the White House's coronavirus task force, claimed during the news conference on Friday that "all 50 states and territories across this country are opening up safely and responsibly" despite the fact that cases have surged in many states and eight states across the country have paused their reopening efforts."

Haven't looked at Fox News Entertainment this morning but my guess is that they have only reported what he said verbatim about our "recovery" from the pandemic with no following anecdotal truth statements to refute or qualify it.

13. Motorcity Gator

With the prospect of losing reelection by a landslide, Trump views any acknowledgment of the pandemic disaster as another mark against him. So, he not only lies about it himself, he sent Vice President Mike Pence to do a more elegant version of his misleading claims. Pence, appearing Friday for the first time in almost two months with the White House Coronavirus Task Force, claimed against all evidence, "all 50 states," are "opening up safely and responsibly." He told Americans, "we've all seen encouraging news as we open America again," misleadingly saying the upsurge in cases is "a reflection of a great success in expanding testing."
    That was an equally false but less preposterous-sounding claim than Trump's assertion that, "If we didn't do any testing, we would have very few cases," a claim that has unleashed an international torrent of mockery all the way to the other side of the world. It's a sad thing for many Americans to see the world laughing at their President.

14. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

And then you will have to contend with a President with dementia who is so unsteady he has to be kept in a safe place. What will your talk track be then?

15. Motorcity Gator

I'm not totally against what you are saying George. Either way we have dementia possibilities.

I hope the Biden VP is highly capable and intelligent.

16. Motorcity Gator

17. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

Hey Dave, what are you afraid of?...a little virus?...that from what I can tell has only taken out a small percentage of the population as compared to?....got news for ya my little food blister, of the 17 plus confirmed cases where I work, nobody's died. As a matter of fact, they didnt even know they had it until they were forced to get tested for it. And you think this is a recipe for success. I betcha you have Fauci posters on your ceiling over your bed dont ya?

18. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

19. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

You know what these stats tell ya from the motherland?

20. Motorcity Gator

Getting deathly sick is also a fate no one wants AJ and most do not want to infect those that could die from the virus.
    You read that letter that 200 NE Fla doctors took the time to sign? They and other front line workers are the ones that have to bear the brunt of those who contract the virus and get sick. Certainly not fair to them.