Need some explanations......

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Did not vote.... I guess Gillum didn't motivate me enough.

2. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I'm too stupid to answer your question, Dave. Sorry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Motorcity Gator

Just praying for the Georgians now...... show us the way.
    Go Dawgs!!

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

You spend so much of your time being politically outraged, I'm pretty shocked that you didn't vote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Motorcity Gator

Probably had something going on that day.... but I definitely would have voted Democratic... and yes that means the crackhead would have received my vote over the thief's protege.
    And speaking of DeSantis he has alienated the legions of unemployed here along with their friends and family by not fixing the rigged unemployment system that Rick Scott left him and by the time the Dems get through exploiting that in the next election they ( Scott, Desantis ) are toast.
    "nearly seven of every eight Floridians who managed to file claims during the three weeks from mid-March until early April were waiting to have them processed — the worst rate in the country. According to the DEO, about 14% of more than 664,000 verified claims have been paid as of Wednesday."
    ‘It's a sh-- sandwich': Republicans rage as Florida becomes a nightmare for Trump
    And before you go off and say I'm just bitching because I hate Rick Scott etc. etc. let me say that before this Covid thing went down and unemployment numbers were much much less back in November 2019 I struggled mightily with Florida's screwed up unemployment system myself after I was abruptly laid off at the end of October. I couldn't believe the difficulty I encountered trying to process my claim for the nation's lowest meager 275.00 per week that the state begrudgingly gives it unemployed who do manage to navigate the state's mess of a system.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  6. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

that dude lost in a razor thin final, Dave. You and a few others probably should have made the time if you're going to find the time to fuss later on.

7. Motorcity Gator

It was very close I know.... woulda been pissed at myself if Desantis won it by one half vote... lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Motorcity Gator

The margins for DeSantis, Rick Scott and Trump were all very thin in 2018 and 2016.
    This current unemployment calamity in Florida should be enough to do them all in the next next time around because after all it's a very small minority of rich well off unaffected by unemployment Floridians that may still vote for them. Otherwise there's a lot of hard working republicans needing the money they usually earn to pay bills with no unemployment checks thanks to this kind of crap:

"Deloitte told lawmakers the Rick Scott administration added 1,500 special requirements.
    The company is now being sued by three unemployed Floridians who have waited weeks for a check.
    “This system was designed to fail and we have a number of people over the course of this litigation that will come forward and testify to that under oath,” said Attorney Gautier Kitchen.
    Gov. DeSantis, who inherited the system, agrees.

“It was designed with all these different things to basically fail, I think,” said DeSantis.
    The system has routinely failed state audits going back to 2015.
    The question we want to ask is why anybody would build a system to fail.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Motorcity Gator

10. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Get someone to read the article to you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Motorcity Gator

No matter the Michigan law or how it reads this is a crazy looking photo of what Trump describes as "very good people"......

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. Motorcity Gator

So you may "dislike" the photo but it's not photo shopped.... not staged.

I would not be proud if one of those characters was my son.... I would be embarrassed.

I lived in Michigan when Timothy McVeigh and his misguided twisted hateful view of the world led to the bombing of the childcare facility in Kansas City.
    These"very good" people in full military garb with assault weapons in the Michigan capitol building remind me of Timothy McVeigh.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

IMHO, those very good people look like they're flag waving, America loving Patriots of the constitution. Plus they were wearing their face masks as required. Law abiding citizens I'd say!

14. Motorcity Gator

I guess I need another explanation this time for the peculiar Trump Math on testing:
    "Trump stood against a backdrop of Stars and Stripes and misleading signs reading, "America is leading the world in testing."
    But the US is not performing the most coronavirus tests per capita. Multiple countries are performing more tests than the US relative to their populations, including Denmark, Italy and New Zealand.

According to a CNN poll released Tuesday, most Americans continue to say the US government is doing a poor job preventing the spread of Covid-19. And while Trump's overall approval rating is holding at about even at 45%, the President's numbers for handling the coronavirus outbreak have worsened and only 36% say they consider Trump a trusted source of information about the outbreak.
    Trump has repeatedly said America leads the world on testing but when you look at the 300 million people in this country that simply is not the case. And I called around this past weekend trying to find someone that would test my middle son and only a hospital ER agreed to do it.... it was not an easy find. Someone wanted 129.00 for a test that takes 3-5 days for results.... which is really pretty useless.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

52 percent of counties in this country have had ZERO reported cases. Testing is not needed in 100% of our country therefore per capita comparison is as usual not relevant.

16. Motorcity Gator

And so Gipper how much of the population lives in those counties..... 12%?

The fact is that testing has not been readily available or available at all in places where testing has been needed...... except in the White House....

17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Because there are many types of virus, a new test has to be made for each one. So tell me just how many tests should have been manufactured in the past 2 months. And just what is our capacity to process ie. take and analyze tests. What good would it be if we had 300 million tests and could only process 1 million a day? I guess we've heard of the last bitch about the ventilators so now it's on to testing is it?

18. Motorcity Gator

Interesting Gipper that Trump always like to say how he was handed a testing mess from Obama three years ago when like you say there was no coronavirus test till Jan. 2020

19. Motorcity Gator

"The President, after all, is still lying about the number of tests available; months into this pandemic, there is still no comprehensive national testing, tracing and treatment program.
    Safety, Fauci said, comes down to testing (and what we do after the testing). There is no question that whenever we reopen, however precise and careful we've been, there will be some uptick in cases. The goal isn't zero new cases.
    The goal, Fauci said, is "having in place the capability of responding when the inevitable return of infections occur." Thanks to our absolutely negligent federal government (and a few similarly lax state governments), very few places in the United States are currently in a position to respond adequately to the virus's inevitable return.
    Republican Sen. Mitt Romney harshly criticized the Trump administration's shortcomings on coronavirus testing, dismissing remarks from Adm. Brett Giroir attempting to cast the numbers in a more positive light. Said Romney: "I find our testing record nothing to celebrate whatsoever."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Trump's complaint with the Obama administration was the lack of ventilators and PPE. This is an administration that had a Pandemic response team. Where the hell were ventilators to replace those used in the SARS outbreak? How come we were so short of PPE? Thanks for answering about testing. You like Romney haven't a clue.