Need some explanations......

Discussion in 'The Back Room' started by Motorcity Gator, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

My wife and I continually scratch our heads at the Fox News style misinformation and conspiratorial ******** that seemingly entertains so many on the right and who line up to believe it all.... including Trump himself.
    What Fox News' silence about 'Diamond & Silk' says about the network - CNN
    Now I know most of you here probably watch Fox News primarily as do some members of our family and friends and most of you here seem well educated and intelligent so my wife and I want to know just how does an intelligent and well informed person digest some of the ******** theories and conspiracy plots and just general misinformation on Fox News not based on any factual evidence that so entertains it's conservative audience?
    Do you just accept it unconditionally because after all.... it's Fox News we're talking about here.... or does your more logical side shove aside some of the unproven outrageous theories and opinions that is such a major part of Fox News programming?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

So basically you're calling all of us here a bunch of gullible dumbshits. That's nice. :mad:

I think I'll just lock this topic, nothing good can come of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terry O'Keefe

hmmm I can't seem to find a way to lock the thread. I'll leave it for awhile and then I can delete it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Motorcity Gator

Just the opposite Terry.
    I think most or all of you here on SB are smart enough to make up your own mind and are not Fox News sponges.
    When I see something that's outrageous or sensational my mind says hey.... wait a minute here.... etc etc.
    I would expect most people to do the same..... right?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

So when I see clearly slanted and false coverage of the news on CNN or MSNBC I wonder how seeming intelligent people like you and your wife can fall for that so easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Half of the country and I continually scratch our heads at the CNN/MSNBC propaganda, misinformation, and hate-filled ******** that seemingly entertains so many on the left and who line up to believe it all.... including Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, etc.

Now I know some here probably watch none of the news channels because they know "news" no longer exists. I know others here probably watch news from both sides of the spectrum so they don't live in a one-sided bubble. And I know at least one here that watches CNN/MSNBC primarily as do some members of their family and friends and this might make them think they are well educated and intelligent so the rest of us want to know just how does an self-described intelligent and misinformed person digest all of those ******** theories and conspiracy plots and just general misinformation on CNN/MSNBC not based on any factual evidence, or worse: doctored video and intentionally misleading misquotes that so entertains it's liberal audience? Do you just accept it unconditionally because after all.... it's CNN/MSNBC we're talking about here.... or does your more logical side shove aside some of the unproven outrageous theories and opinions that is such a major part of CNN/MSNBC programming?

Some of us really want to know if you have ever called out any of their hoaxes, or if you continue to swallow it all:

CNN forced to issue correction about falsely claiming the Trump campaign had early access to hacked WikiLeaks documents.

NY Times correcting the report that 17 US Intelligence Agencies concluded that Russia meddled in the election, and admitted it was only 4 individual analysts hand-picked by the reporter.

CNN publishing a doctored video that originally portrayed Trump in a positive light with the Japanese Prime Minister in such a way as to give the impression that Trump carelessly overfed koi during his meeting.

CNN later retracting a false report that the then-White House Comm Dir Scaramucci had ties to Russia, with three of the CNN staff resigning.

CNN forced to issue a correction that James Comey would dispute Trump's claim that he was told he was not under investigation.

NY Times falsely reporting the Trump admin was afraid to publish a climate change study, although it had been public for seven months by that time, then lied in the correction that it had been "hidden" in a nonprofit digital library even though it had previously been reported on by the Washington Post.

ALL MEDIA led with the hoax that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia for how many months? And despite the biggest witch hunt in history, nothing could be brought to light? Even after countless anti-Trumpers promised they had seen the smoking gun in private, and it was there? As it turns out, they all lied and tried to break this country.

NY Times falsely claimed yet another "anonymous" allegation against Bret Kavanaugh while at Yale. Even the other liberal news outlets mocked the NY Times for this when there was no accuser.

The CNN hoax that doctored Trump's quote to make it appear as if he called White Supremacists fine people. In fact, he directly condemned them totally, the OPPOSITE of what CNN and Biden continue to allow stated. The full quote ON VIDEO:

7. Motorcity Gator

I never just accept what is being said when it sounds like it has a slant or ulterior political motive especially..... and is one reason I never watch MSNBC or blindly accept what I see or hear from the far left.
    CNN most of the time does try to be factual..... even if they are presently pissed off at Trump because he has chosen to denigrate them publicly in his afternoon briefings/Trump rallies/ daily distortions of the truth.
    The problem with Fox News is that they are the far right version of MSNBC.... and the right has nothing that's in between.
    Trump has been the best at getting rid of those who contradict his objectives and threaten not to toe his crazy dictatorial line.
    Many of CNN corrections I would venture are just unproven theories and outlandish opinions not based in fact that are shoveled out daily by the entertainers on Fox News.
    Let me ask you.... which insane conspiratorial theory espoused by Fox News do you believe with respect to this Covid-19 pandemic?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  8. WSU1996kesley

CNN and MSNBC are the far left version of CNN and MSNBC of 10 years ago.

For years CNN has declared war on Trump, and continue to be combative, denigrating, small, and political. Being pissed off at Trump isn't a "presently" thing. They have had Trump Derangement syndrome for years. But, continue swallowing, they have plenty more coming.

9. WSU1996kesley

Hey, pretentious asshole. Suckle some more Jim Acosta teat because your "innocent" questions aren't yet quite worthy of him. And don't bother to act innocent, shocked and offended when you're hit back! Also of the CNN playbook. Yes, free-thinker you must be, because you watch CNN!

10. Motorcity Gator

So I ask you again....
    .... which insane conspiratorial theory espoused by Fox News do you believe with respect to this Covid-19 pandemic?
    If you don't have one then you obviously do not believe everything you hear on Fox News.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

You AGAIN make bad assumptions Dave. If ANY of the folks here watch Fox or any of the other networks it is done with an enormous grain of salt.
    Even statistics are blatantly manipulated by all of them.
    Perhaps you should throw out specific conspiracies and debunk them as Kesley did rather than always speaking in generalities with a huge holier than thou brush...

12. WSU1996kesley

I just had a more productive and satisfying conversation with the melting ice in my drink. Your framing is idiotic.

13. Motorcity Gator

"You AGAIN make bad assumptions Dave. If ANY of the folks here watch Fox or any of the other networks it is done with an enormous grain of salt.
    Even statistics are blatantly manipulated by all of them."
    Now this I can appreciate Scott.... that's the brain trust I thought we had a lot of here on SB. You can be a right thinking conservative without trying to outlandishly entertain and stir up the less informed masses.
    It would be much much better for the country and less divisive if Fox News and certainly Trump himself didn't resort to such tactics. Trump is smarter than that..... he just knows what works to get his supporters to the polls.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. WSU1996kesley

It would be much much better for the country and less divisive if CNN/MSNBC and certainly Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, et al didn't resort to such tactics. They may not be smarter than that, but they know what works to get supporters to the polls.

15. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

Newsy and BBC are pretty good news programs. Fox is just right wing propaganda. CNN is a hard left lean. MSNBC is 'the other side of the moon and then keep going left' left-wing propaganda.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Motorcity Gator

I don't know who really listens to those far lefters WSU....except far lefters.... people in the middle or maybe slightly left of middle aren't into being stirred up into a frenzy by vitriolic ******** and name calling as are the Trump legions and it's the reason Trump even won the last election..... as close as it was.
    With regard to the name calling Trump is better at it than anyone I have seen since middle school.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  17. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

If I hadn't watched FOX News I would have thought Hillary was going to win in a landslide. I would have thought that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians. I would have been expecting Mueller to be perp walking Trump. It continues. ABC showed us shelling in Syria that was actually footage from a range in KY. Here's yesterday's ******** that was lapped up by ****-for-brains Trump haters Pentagon denies ABC News report that intelligence warned of ‘cataclysmic’ coronavirus pandemic last November
    The consistently lie and then say "it was just a mistake." Yeah, but when they're fact checking the President it's a LIE. **** the main stream media and the assholes who buy their ********.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Motorcity Gator

As usual Gipper your references are so obscurely unbiased:
    The Washington Examiner is an American conservative news website and weekly magazine based in Washington, D.C. It is owned by MediaDC

Also.... last April after the Mueller report only 31% of Americans thought Trump was exonerated from colluding with the Russians.
    Maybe I missed something but since when has the public opinion changed about Trump and the Russians?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Two things here. One, I love me some Tucker. Two, Dave's not invited to the next reunion.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1