Notre Dame Fall Camp.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Jul 30, 2013.

1. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Word is that he is done for the year.

2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Sorry for the lack of communication, Jo Co. Several things kept me distracted. My mom passed away recently. She was a great lady who was kindness personified. She had been ill for several years so her passing was not unexpected. She had to deal with a great deal of misfortune in her life but never complained about the many crosses she had to carry in her long life.

Second is that I also recently retired from where I worked. Planning to take several months off to unwind from 31 years of lawyer induced sleep deprivation and then figure out what I want to do. Right now I am leaning toward dog park worker or a deck hand on a Croatian tuna boat. Or maybe open up an Andre Either fan club, Milwaukee chapter.

Presently, Anne has ..ahhh... persuaded me to undertake some home improvement projects so right now I googling to figure out the difference between a Phillips screw driver and a regular screw driver...

My co-workers gave me as one of my retirement gifts a bobble head of Lloyd and me which I will EM to Terry to post.

3. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Bobda,

First of all, I want to offer my heartfelt condolence on your mother's passing. I'm certain that she was a great woman because I know that she raised an outstanding son, of whom she must have been very proud. It's tough to lose your mother. I know. Your consolation is that she now can watch over you from above.

Also, congratulations on your retirement. I hope you have the same experience I've had, i.e., I've never looked back. I keep myself busy doing nothing. :lol: If you need assistance figuring out the basic tools, let me know. I'll help in whatever way I can. Your options are - ahem - interesting. The most satisfying might be dog park worker......although I can guess that you'll spend most of your time cleaning up your clients' messes. Wait! You just retired from doing that. :lol:

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Bobda very sorry to hear about your mom, Sid said it for me.

As for retiring, I only hope that someday I can retire! I wish you the best in finding what you want to do with the rest of your life, it's a new adventure!

Terry

5. Tennessee Tom

Tennessee Tom Well-Known Member Administrator

Bobda, sorry to hear of your loss. Sad day but at our ages, this will happen more often to this little group.

6. JO'Co

JO'Co Well-Known Member

Bobda,

Very sorry to hear about your loss. There are no words of consolation that are adequate, but we will keep her in our prayers here.

As for retirement, do what I did. Go over to the dark side of The Force and become a school teacher. After two years you'll be ready to return to the relative safety of the court room...

7. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Bobda,

<t>Bobda,<br/>
    <br/>
    Sorry to hear of your Moms passing. I lost my Mom a few years ago and she had it pretty rough at times in her life too. <br/>
    <br/>
    Good luck and I hope you enjoy your retirement. I'll be joining you in about 5 years hopefully.</t>

8. Terry O'Keefe

My pick so far for the surprise of the freshman class is Corey Robinson. He was not highly regarded as a WR in Texas, neither Texas or Texas A&M offered him and he played in TAPPS which is a private school league. But ever since he hit campus he has been getting all sorts of praise and kudos from the coaching staff. Runs good routes, and really can get up and catch the ball, great hands. Like most freshmen he's probably deficient in his blocking techniques though, so a guy like Daniel Smith who doesn't have his ball skills (but does have a hot girl friend in Skylar Diggins) will play ahead of him because he's an excellent blocker.

9. George Krebs

My condolences, Bobda. As time passes the good memories will bring a lot of smiles to your face. It does for me.

10. George Krebs

I was watching Tyler Eifert on Hard Knocks on HBO. He is going to dominate in the NFL. Man he really has some "ups" and real good hands.

No LB could ever consider covering him.

The Bengals. Watch out!

11. Terry O'Keefe

Classic example of a guy who wasn't that highly thought of coming out of HS. His teammate John Goodman was more highly rated, he was the next Jeff Smarzdja. If I remember Eifert was close to giving up football due to some back issue as well.

I hope he does really well. I hope Michael Floyd has a light bulb go off for him this year, he had an unremarkable 1st year...didn't help I assume playing for a team with no QB.

12. George Krebs

I'm jumping back on the Bengals bandwagon before it leaves the station. I am a charter member from Day One but got into the Jets for some reason when I moved to the east coast.

I used to go to Bengal camp practices at Wilmington College back in the day when Paul Brown ruled. They used to let us stand on the sidelines as long as we didn't crowd them. One day Kenny Anderson threw an out route to Isaac Curtis which went off his fingertips and nailed me in the side of the head. Paul Brown himself uttered these words of encouragement to me and I will never forget them.... " Hey kid, pay attention or you'll get killed " . It's the code I live by.

The Jets passed on Eifert in the draft even though they lost their TE. That's why they are the Jets.

13. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Those were wise words, George. :lol:

Eifert is the second alum of Bishop Dwenger HS to play in the NFL. The first was Jason Fabini, who had an outstanding career as OT for the Jets. Hopefully, Eifert can have the same longevity and success as Fabini. I'm now a Bengals fan because of him.

14. Terry O'Keefe

maybe they've cleaned up their act but for awhile the Bengals players spent more time talking to the police than they did their coach who was supposedly a "disciplinarian".

15. Terry O'Keefe

Tony Alford (RB coach and recruiter extraordinaire) has left the program following the unexpected death of his younger brother from a heart attack, he also recently lost his father. Has to be a very tough time for him, no doubt he needs the time to grieve and be with his family.

16. vicm

vicm New Member

Sorry about your loss, Bobda. Can't improve on replies already written. The Croatian tuna boat could be a rewarding experience, but didn't know there was an opening.

17. Terry O'Keefe

More on Corey Robinson from the Ft. Wayne paper...

Corey Robinson

18. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Robinson

<t>The Robinson kid sounds like the real deal. I wasn't so sure about him as the competition for his High School team didn't seem to tough but he's seems to keep impressing ever since he committed.</t>

19. George Krebs

What does he weigh? He could be a "Mike Williams" with brains. :D

20. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the kind comments regarding my Mom.

JoCo, Not sure about teaching as it was difficult enough not having a client following my advice--the thought of 35 students doing the same sends chills running down my spine.

Sid --since we both have IPads, maybe we could coordinate home improvement tutorials on Face Time!