Week 8 College Football

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 17, 2023.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Mixed feelings watching the SC-Utes game. On the one hand, seeing Mr. "I want part ownership in the pro team that drafts me" take another loss is enjoyable. On the other hand, it makes or win over them not so great. I will say this Utah owns SC at this point. Lincoln isn't getting his money's worth from this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Looks like Harbaugh’s older brother stole the Detroit Lions signals.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I wonder if kp feels the same.:D

Afterward, Saban was asked about the journey this team has been on, including establishing an offensive identity with a new quarterback in Jalen Milroe and surviving closer-than-expected games against USF and Arkansas.

"I love it," Saban said of coaching this team. "It's been great. The challenges are great. I enjoy coaching this team. That's not to say they're not taking years off my life. But I'm OK with it. It's fun because they've got a good spirit about them."

Saban said it has been a fun group to coach because of the players' competitive spirit, the relationships they have and their ability to take coaching.

4. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Hell no, I want 52 to 0 games that are over by the middle of the 2nd quarter!:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Not a lot of changes to the rankings. 6 top undefeated teams are the same. 7-13 are 1 loss teams with ND and LSU at the top of the 2 loss teams.

6. Terry O'Keefe

Bobda has all the NCAA stuff around the UM program brought back the sense that Harbaugh will now go ahead and actually leave for the NFL?

7. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Predicting what H will do is kind of like predicting the path of a hurricane. But, with the NCAA yapping at his heels, the loss of many of our key players in 24, and the difficult schedule in 2024, I sense a lot of fans think we better enjoy this year as H may go back to the NFL.

8. Terry O'Keefe

Bad news for the Longhorns. I'm guessing that Malik Murphy will be the starter this weekend vs BYU.

Murphy is very talented and had a great spring, he had a terrific spring game.

Texas quarterback Quinn Ewers is expected to miss time after suffering a grade 2 AC joint sprain in his right shoulder, sources told ESPN's Pete Thamel, confirming a report by Orangbloods.com.

An MRI on Sunday revealed the sprain in Ewers' throwing shoulder, which occurred in the No. 7 Longhorns' win over Houston on Saturday night.

The injury is not expected to be season-ending. A more finite timetable should emerge this week.

9. kp

kp Well-Known Member

What's happened to Manning?

10. Terry O'Keefe

Murphy is as talented and has been in the program longer, so more familiar with the system.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Terry O'Keefe

Matt Rhule on SignGate.

Sign stealing happens every game. There’s nothing wrong with teams looking over to try to steal our signs, there’s nothing wrong with us trying to look at their signs. It’s why you should have mics in the helmet. All these guys that vote against it every year is because they don’t want to teach their quarterback," Rhule said.

"There should be 100% (mics). You can get rid of all the stupid signs on the sideline and the pictures of rock stars and all that stuff and we can just play football the way it was meant to be. You go to a high school game, there’s technology on the sideline. You go to an NFL game, there’s technology on the sideline. You got to a college game, nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2