College Football 2023

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

TOK,

Utah has to be a Big 12 target also given that BYU-Utah would be a great rivalry to have in conference. Wonder why ASU is not viewed with great interest?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Bobdawolverweasel

Great looking family. Can you do a Zoom tutorial in late November about Christmas tree decoration?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Bob I just wonder if Utah a team that wanted to be in the Pac12 really bad and has embraced the conference would leave unless there was no other option.

4. Terry O'Keefe

This is why Arizona State isn't on the top of our list for the B12!:cool::confused::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Terry (BT), I'm very sorry about your beloved canine family member. Over the years, we had 3 Goldens. It's unfortunate that we have to outlive them, but they have the benefit of crossing over the Rainbow Bridge and living a wonderful afterlife while they wait for us.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

My uneducated take. M admitted the violations. Harbaugh denied/denies lying or misleading. If he “admitted” it they’d give him 4 games. Threatened him w 6. Took the high road or the low road depending on your view. I would have told them to shove it but that would put his guys in the meat of the schedule. I think it’s all crap. Bloodsuckers. Again I’m not as on top of this stuff as y’all are so everything I just said could be all wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Ha! Thanks Bobda, on that project I'm a mere laborer. If you're looking for the real stuff you'll have to talk to the Boss Lady!

• Like Like x 2
  8. BuckeyeT

Thanks Sid, she's our third too. They are such wonderful creatures, we'll prob always have one. Our daughter has a precocious 2 year old, Farrah. She's the other one in the photo. Apologies for the inadvertent thread hijack. I digress, back to college football

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Terry O'Keefe

It's a done deal. Welcome to the B12!!

The University of Colorado will leave the Pac-12 for the Big 12 after the 2023-24 season, as the school formalized its future membership in the Big 12 on Thursday. The Colorado Board of Regents voted unanimously in favor of the move during a public videoconference, completing the final step in a process that for the past 24 hours has largely been considered a formality.

"The time has come for us to change conferences," Colorado president Todd Saliman told the Board of Regents on Thursday afternoon. "We see this as a way to create more opportunity for the University of Colorado, for our students and our student-athletes and create a path forward for us in the future."

CU later: Board approves Buffs' return to Big 12

10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Sad...Fur people are the best of all peoples.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. BuckeyeT

B1G Ten conference media days began in Indy on Wednesday. Not a whole lot of interesting nuggets being uncovered but this one's got the people in C'bus talking....Coach Day is thinking that in light of the new conference alignment without divisions and the prospect of playing the OSU/TUN game back to back and then maybe a 3rd time in the CFP, perhaps there needs to a conversation about moving the game to a diff date? Not sure how I feel. The game has been the last game on the schedule on the 3rd weekend in November for longer than I've been alive....but, there may be some upside that I haven't considered to a change. What do you guys think?

Ryan Day Believes Playing Ohio State-Michigan Game Earlier in Season is “Worth A Long Discussion”

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

My initial thought was no way! However, he does have a valid point and many fans are not going to be pleased if that should occur.o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Terry O'Keefe

Same could be said for a number of big rivalries. Alabama/Auburn could have the same issues. Texas/Texas A&M if the SEC puts it at the end of the season. UCLA/USC?

Some ND fans are concerned about the USC game schedule with their move to the Big 10.

14. Bobdawolverweasel

It has been the last regular season game since 1935 with the exception of 1942 and the pandemic year. I understand the reasons behind moving it for if the 2 teams play each other again the following week in the conference championship game, neither team is going to have much left in the tank for the playoffs. But, I suspect the B 10 will continue to expand and again compel the need for 2 divisions which would make the problem moot if M and OSU remain in the same division. Would prefer the game continue to be the last game of the regular season but interesting both Day and H are entertaining the idea of moving it to an earlier date.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BuckeyeT

I'm a traditionalist at heart and playing TUN in late Nov in the last conference game of the year is all that I've ever known....and my parents before me. That said, in looking over the last 2 years we would have played back to back the last two years and potentially kept one or the other from representing the conference in the CFP. I guess Auburn/Bama is similar but it's been a bit since Auburn was Natty worthy. Surely there are benefits to the conference to have multiple teams in the CFP. The 12 team playoff next year adds a new dimension as well. Issues to consider from all sides to be sure

16. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

17. BuckeyeT

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Not to be picking nits but Auburn won a National Championship in 2010. Ohio States last was in 2014 but Michigan's last was 1997. Just saying

19. BuckeyeT

I'll grant you that, but since that time they have struggled to be competitive, barely above .500 and haven't been a threat to win the SEC title in a decade, much less Natty worthy. TUN has back to back B1G championships and trips to the CFP and are favored to win the B1G again this year. Auburn may get back to that point, but they ain't there today. Maybe Tuberville wants his old job back?

20. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Well they've beat Saban led.Alabama 5 times (2007) and Michigan has only beat OSU 3 times in 20 years. Here, at least, winning that last game of the season, means an awful lot.
    Tuberville will never return to a job where he has to work for a living.