Notre Dame Winter.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Sadly the Irish lose again, at home, to Boston College. Not sure where the wins are going to come from going forward. Could be Brey's worst team in terms of their record. Like most Irish fans I thought we'd be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Terry O'Keefe

Likely sad ending of the last of the Mabrey's, Dara. Looks like the dreaded torn ACL that women athletes esp in basketball are more prone to than their male counterparts. Irish win handily though. Not sure what the loss of Dara will do to the starting lineup.

3. Terry O'Keefe

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Thanks, Terry. Noie's a trusted source for what needs to be said.

5. Terry O'Keefe

• Like Like x 2
  6. Terry O'Keefe

Irish women face FSU tonight at home. FSU is a high scoring team lead by the nations top freshman, who leads the ACC in scoring. No Dara Mabrey tonight for the 1st time in a long time. I assume KK Bransford will start but they might go with 3 bigs in Ebo, Watson and Westbeld along with Citron and Miles. Jenna Brown the grad transfer from Stanford will no doubt see a lot more minutes.

Should be a good game.

7. Terry O'Keefe

Awesome win for he ladies tonight vs FSU. They were a high flying scoring team coming into the game we held them to their lowest total of the year and turned a close game at the half into a 2nd half rout. 70-47

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I didn't see the game, but I saw this on Twitter this morning. Pretty amazing:

9. Terry O'Keefe

This team is developing quite a defensive identity Sid. With Dara Mabrey out, it seems like Sonia Citron is going to emerge as a true star, albeit a reluctant one. I also look for freshman KK Bransford to continue her growth.

Florida State’s freshman phenom Ta’Niya Latson led all Division I rookies with 23.6 points per game as of Wednesday, and Notre Dame held her to just 9. She had posted double-figures in her first 22 collegiate games.

10. Terry O'Keefe

I've watched a lot of the Irish Womens basketball team, one of my observations on the very talented Sonia Citron is that she is not a showboat. When I see her in post game press conferences her body language says I don't really want to be in the spot light. Watching her play she just does her job, doesn't get in other players faces, doesn't do a lot of fist pumping and all that stuff. Just does the job and moves on to the next play. She is definitely not a ball hog and seems most comfortable helping on defense, rebounding and setting up her teammates.

On the other hand when I watch the also very talented Olivia Miles, she loves the spotlight, she is very emotional when she scores or makes a good play, she doesn't take anything off of an opponent trying to intimidate her with some trash talk.

These are the 2 best players on the team and they couldn't be more different.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Terry O'Keefe

Well Louisville was the cure the Irish Men needed, they are the worst team in the ACC, 0-10 and 2-19 overall! They showed up in South Bend and played as advertised and the Irish got up as much as 30 points before finally closing it out 76-62.

The Women go to Raleigh to take on another very good ACC opponent tomorrow. It will be a very tough game for them, as will most ACC road games this year. A lot of depth this season in the ACC

12. Terry O'Keefe

Irish Hockey got the rare weekend sweep this weekend vs the Badgers. Wisconsin is not good though so we can't take it as some sort of sign.

13. Terry O'Keefe

Tough loss for the Women today at NC State, I didn't watch except for the last 4 minutes during halftime of the Eagles/San Fran game. But from what I gathered they dug a deep hole and then made a run in the 4th qtr but just came up short. Road wins are going to be tough in the ACC for all the teams. NC State is well coached and a good team. Duke lost today as well so both Duke and ND are tied at the top 8-2.

Just looking at the stat sheet, our 2 best players were taken out by NC State. Neither Sonia Citron or Olivia Miles had good games esp shooting the ball.

14. Terry O'Keefe

ND Baseball got it's 2nd 2026 recruit! That means he's a freshman right now. Of course he can't sign a LOI until fall of 2025 so who knows.

Notre Dame baseball is just 20 days away and the Irish program received huge news on the recruiting trail this weekend as 2026 Bishop McNamara (Ill.) RHP Callaghan O’Connor gave his verbal pledge to Shawn Stiffler.

O’Connor’s father and sister attended Notre Dame, but it probably wasn’t as easy of a decision as most would think as the Irish beat out national powerhouses Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Virginia for his commitment.

The Illinois native is the second commitment in 2026 for Notre Dame as O’Connor joins Martinsville (Ind.) RHP Rhys Wolf in the class.

Notre Dame Lands Top 2026 RHP Callaghan O’Connor

• Like Like x 1
  15. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Anyone else read about Rees being interviewed at Bama for OC position?

16. Terry O'Keefe

Oh yeah it's all over the place including this board.

17. Terry O'Keefe

Irish women set to tip in a few in Boston. No Lauren Ebo and of course no Dara Mabry. Will be interesting to see how Ivey distributes minutes. Will she give Nat Marshall 10-20 minutes. Nat has missed a lot of time with knee injuries, but was a 5 star player coming out of HS. If Ivey trusts her enough to get more minutes it's her opportunity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Terry O'Keefe

Good road win for the Irish women. BC gave them fits in the 2nd and 3rd qtr, playing a 2-3 zone that brought the Irish offense to a stop and caused a lot of turnovers, but then they figured it out, got hot shooting the ball and won by 12 in the end. Next up is Duke in a battle for 1st place in the ACC, it's at Purcell so that's a good thing.

19. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

well looks like many of the ND fans who were wanting Rees gone are now complaining about the possibility of losing him to Alabama.
    Myself, I’m not sure how I feel about it. I think he would be foolish.to leave now when it appears he will have everything thing he needs to have a very good if not great offense this coming season with Hartman at QB and a strong run game. If he’s looking to fast track to a HC position it may make sense.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  20. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Typical play by Olivia Miles:

• Winner Winner x 1