College Football 2022

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 26, 2022.

1. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I hope not. The top 4 shouldn't change. If you thought you got the 4 best teams in the playoffs then stick with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Can’t answer the QB question Terry as I am still trying to figure out how you ranked your #2 team as #2 when it lost to your 1 loss #6 team by three TD’s at home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Could be. I don't care. I wouldn't trade McCarron for any one and I'm sure Georgia feels the same about Bennett.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bobdawolverweasel

Wow. Georgia went back to back in Secretariat fashion. What a dominating performance tonight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I don't know why TCU went for it on 4th and 6 from that area of the field. I get it that you hate to quit, but come on.

6. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I get it. Who cares if the score is 50 to 7 or 60 to 7. Go down fighting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I begged Doc and Don to give me TCU and 14 points....I cant give my $ away.....

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

I missed that AJ, sorry to disappoint!

9. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

As if college football does not have enough serious problems on the burner already. 65-7 ? The only thing that stopped Kirby Smart from lighting up the scoreboard was the clock. This is a message for the "a win is a win" crowd. He was going to let the world know in no uncertain terms who #1 is and he did not care what anyone thought. I would not be surprised to learn that at the post game handshake he told Dykes "F*** You!" just for the hell of it. Burning all his timeouts for curtain calls? The cameras spent the 4th quarter doing closeups of Stetson Bennett's mom who presumably will be in the next SI swimsuit issue and also caught Kirby Smart doing fist pumping promo clips into a sideline camera with a 50+ point lead. And Chris Fowler again donned the winning team's cheerleading uniform for the better part of the game. So will Georgia 3-peat? There is nothing about this schedule that will prevent them....[​IMG]

10. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Well according to the AP, you were right. Michigan finished ahead of Ohio State. TCU is the only team that moved up.

11. kp

kp Well-Known Member

He had players in the game that had never played a down and he ran the ball. What was he supposed to do, take a knee with 5 minutes to go? I agree with you about the schedule. The SEC East pretty weak and starting with UT Martin and Ball State is a shame. It looks like they have 2 teams on the schedule that finished in this year's AP top 25.

12. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Of course, you could start with Navy, Tennessee St, and Central Mich. ????:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

He went for it on 4th and 5 with a 45 point lead. But you know, you're right. I'm just disgusted with college football, where it is and where its heading. I should refrain commenting on something that I clearly do not like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kp

kp Well-Known Member

TCU went for it on 4th and 5 down by 45???

15. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Frustration kp!

16. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Smart did, rather than kick. Bad thing was... he threw the ball if I remember correctly.
    Should have done nothing but run off tackle once they were up enough to put it away.
    On the other side of the coin, Dykes did run his mouth a bit about the SEC after the regular season ended.

17. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Look yall, this is a game and the purpose of the game is to win. Both teams competed to the end. Georgia began substituting and around 5 minutes to go in the 4th and Georgia's 2nd and 3rd string only threw the ball 3 times and they didn't score after the 7 minute mark. TCU kept their starters in the entire game. Why is it ok for the team that is behind to keep playing but the team that is ahead is supposed to stop? And if you want to take shots at an opponent before the game, then you should be prepared to suffer a little counter argument. To be fair, Dykes didn't complain about anything after the game so....

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Bobdawolverweasel

But, ND’s 4th and 5th games are Ohio State and USC so understandable why their first 3 games are on the light side although downplaying Navy fails to account for the fact that their cut blocking option offense presents real risks for defensive line health.

Credit to Alabama scheduling Texas as the combination of the SEC West minefield and the mandatory Tenn. game is a tough conference schedule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. kp

kp Well-Known Member

And Georgia plays South Carolina and later in the season Tennessee and then gets to play in the SEC Championship game (probably). Usually Auburn and Florida are more.formidable than they have been lately, but that is a danger in being in a conference. Sometimes your mandatory opponents are up and sometimes they are down.

20. Bobdawolverweasel

As a fan, I want the team I root for to schedule one really good non conference game but I understand why teams don’t since an early NC loss makes making the playoffs much more challenging. M’s NC schedule this year was so bad that I watched very little M football until conference games started.

My hope is that with playoff expansion in 2024, we will see teams upgrade their non conference schedule. In basketball, adding a few tough non conference games actually helps when the committee chooses the participants and seeding. Hope it is taken into account more in football.