Notre Dame vs Boston College.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Progress. This isn't the year. It's coming. The signs clearly are there. Patience isn't in the ND fans' DNA, but it would be a good thing if it was. I know I'm on an island saying this, but I don't care.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Would like to get to the top of the mountain one more time. I don't know about you Sid, but I don't think there will be many more chances to make it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

You're right, Mike. I feel the same. Would like at least one more title. Fingers metaphorically crossed that it happens.

4. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Irish Women's Soccer shut out TCU last night and move on to the Elite 8. It'll be next Sat at Notre Dame and UNC will be the opponent. Irish are on a great run.

Notre Dame is now 50-3-1 at home all-time in the NCAA Tournament and 11-1-2 inside Alumni this season. The Irish earned one last ride in Alumni next weekend when No. 2 seed North Carolina comes to South Bend for the Elite Eight.

• The Irish are now 73-23-4 in NCAA Tournament history
    • Notre Dame pushes its unbeaten streak to 12 matches, outscoring the opposition 33-6 over the stretch
    • Irish improve to 50-3-1 at home in the NCAA Tournament
    • Notre Dame posted its 14th clean sheet of the season, the most since recording 15 in 2016
    • The clean sheet gives the Irish 49 in NCAA Tournament history
    • Wingate scored her third goal of the Tournament, tying Korbin Albert for the most on the team
    • Mercado reached double-digit goals on the season with 10 after recording a goal in the second half tonight
    • The Irish have outscored its opposition 11-0 in the NCAA Tournament

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

For Tim:

6. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

But he won't play in those games unless there is a catastrophe. He could have played against BC and we all could have learned something.

7. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Sid cites progress. Others on here call for patience. I have always been fond of juxtaposing milestones in time against one another. For example. I remember celebrating the Irish last National Championship with my oldest son who had just made the Honor Roll in the 4th grade. Now I hope to celebrate this milestone once again with the same son, hopefully before he retires in 5 years! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

You don't get to play in a late season blowout unless you've got no talent or a great deal of it. Angeli is so good that they want to preserve a year of eligibility? Really? If he's that talented, he should have been given time in the Navy game. On the other hand, if he's that bad why would you care about his eligibility? The only thing I can think of is they have absolutely no faith in any other QB on the roster and are saving him in case of an emergency. And next season, who starts? Glassman, Knotty, or the kid with zero significant game experience?

9. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I wouldn't have played him in those conditions either. We'd have learned nothing about his ability as we weren't going to be passing the ball which is what we need to know about him. I don't buy that they were trying to preserve his redshirt, because with the guy who is likely to come in 2023 or should I say both of the guys (transfer and Minchey kid) and the 2024 5 star in CJ Carr. We don't need to preserve his redshirt. In fact I'll bet he never starts a game at ND and transfers after Spring if our transfer and the 2023 kid are there for Spring Practice along with Pyne.

Pyne loves ND and but I won't be surprised if he also transfers once he has his degree. Of course he could be like Tommy Rees who took a lot of abuse as a ND QB but inspite of losing his job to Everett Golson in 2012 stayed around and was again the starter when Golson bolted for FSU. I doubt Rees ever considered leaving ND. He knew he'd never be a NFL QB. Pyne should take a page from the Rees playbook he'll never be a NFL QB. IMHO he should hang around and graduate, if he has 1 year left then transfer to some MAC level school where he could take another shot at starting and play that one more year and call it a career.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

And now the transfer speculation begins.

12. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

I don’t really think so gipper unless it’s Pyne.