College Football 2022

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Watched the game on my iPad Mini in the middle of the Atlantic. This time Purdue didn’t beat ourselves with mistakes. We just got whooped. Defensive backs looked really slow. Made an anemic Iowa offense look like a powerhouse. And their D has always been great. O’Connell who I’ve been really talking up had a really bad day throwing the ball. Windy like the other Midwest games but still…

Also watched LSU Bama with my friend who’s from New Orleans. Finished up at 3AM in the Atlantic. Believe it or not I told him Kelly should go for 2 after the OT TD.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  2. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Surprised me too Stu, Big Ten games are unpredictable. (MSU lost to Illini) I thought Kelly's decision to go for two was crazy, but it worked and now he is being treated as a Savior by LSU fans. The college game overrules the pros in my opinion for sheer enjoyment.:)

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Going for 2 in the first OT was a gutsy call. It is one that is a Cajan kind of thing to do and the LSU fans will love a lot more than a dance video. One thing I didn't realize is that after the Tennessee game and the LSU game when the fans rushed the field they stole equipment from the Alabama sideline and I assume from their own team's sideline. Apparently, celebration was not all that was on their minds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kp

kp Well-Known Member

In all of the upsets, let's not forget about Georgia. The handily beat Tennessee and shut down the Heisman favorite. Let's also not.forget that they absolutely annihilated Oregon and another "great"o_O QB in the first game of the season. Oh yeah and Ohio State had a rough time with Northwestern. I think Georgia is clearly #1. Michigan is playing well too. TCU is really going to be howling now.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I said when he called it that it's a smart move. If they make it, he's a hero. If they miss, maybe he gets criticized, but the fans like that kind of gutsy decision. As it turns out, he's a hero. Also, I noticed he's lost a lot of weight. The folks I know who called him Fat Face may have to come up with a new nickname. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Georgia is the clear favorite for the SEC and I would also say for the playoff's. Pretty amazing what Kirby Smart has done at Georgia.

7. Gator Bill

8. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I have a feeling that TCU will have a short stay in the top 4.

9. Terry O'Keefe

Right now to me it looks like we'll have 2 undefeated teams Georgia and winner of Ohio State/Michigan game. So that means there will be a bunch of "deserving" 1 loss teams battling for 2 spots.

Right now there are 9 1 loss teams + loser of Ohio State Mich

Tenn
    Loser Ohio State/Mich
    Oregon ...have some big games that could add #2
    USC ..has UCLA, Notre Dame, and Pac 12 title game
    UCLA
    Ole Miss ..plays Alabama
    Clemson
    North Carolina
    Tulane
    Liberty

Of that bunch only the loser of the Ohio State/Mich game is a sure thing for finishing with 1 loss along with the Vols who should easily win out.

So I'm predicting 2 SEC Teams Tenn and UGA along with 2 Big 10 teams Ohio State and Michigan

TCU of course is a wild card as they are currently undefeated but they have a tough closing schedule, with trips to Austin and Waco against 2 pretty good teams capable of playing well enogh to pull the upset and a better than their record Iowa State to finish the season then a rematch with somebody in the B12 Championship game. I just don't think they can negotiate that schedule undefeated

10. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Oregon lost 49-3 to Georgia. Since that game they have only played one team with a winning record. Their schedule gets tougher for the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

If Michigan loses to OSU, their problem re the playoffs is the lack of quality wins. The non conference schedule of Colorado State, Hawaii, and UConn was abysmal and our quality wins are few (PSU and maybe Illinois). Our dropping of UCLA from this year’s schedule to a later year combined with the general mediocrity of the B10 could really hurt M even though this team is better than last year’s version. If we lose, probably need a nailbiter to make it although we definitely have a legit shot to win in Columbus.

12. Terry O'Keefe

All the Pac12 teams have tough finishing schedules and they are all relatively equal so I think they will knock each other off and the Pac12 Champ will have 2 losses.

Liberty No Way.
    Tulane No Way
    UNC not bloody likely
    Ole Miss No Way ..they lose to Alabama next weekend
    Clemson likely to win out IMHO but not a good enough schedule to jump over Tenn, 1 loss Big 10 team or even a 1 loss TCU team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Terry O'Keefe

I do think though that if one of the 1 loss Pac 12 teams, Oregon, USC, UCLA ends up with a 1 loss Pac 12 Championship, they have a great shot of jumping over 1 loss non-Champion teams like Tenn and the loser of Ohio State / Michigan

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. kp

kp Well-Known Member

I'll bet Georgia is pulling for.Oregon. :D

15. Terry O'Keefe

He's graduated and so he has his degree, so good luck to him. But truthfully other than just being able to maybe find a situation where he'll get more playing time , he really has no NFL future.

16. Gator Bill

I think your prediction of the final four is very likely. Tennessee is very likely to have only one loss as is Michigan.

I see TCU as a real possibility, but only if the beat Texas and are undefeated. Don't think they make it as a one loss team.

I go with your prediction unless TCU is undefeated then they make it instead of either Michigan or Tennessee, most likely Michigan would be on the outside looking in. That of course is predicting Ohio State beats Michigan.

17. Terry O'Keefe

I'm thinking after the way they took care of the Vols that they aren't afraid of anybody esp anybody from the Pac12 or B12.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Especially after beating them 49 to 3:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Terry O'Keefe

Scott can you confirm this? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Terry O'Keefe

No shockers tonight. The CFP committe says this is the top 10, virtually mirrors the AP with the exception Alabama being #9 instead of #10 in the AP and Clemson being in the top 10, while UCLA was in the top 10 of the AP.

UGA

Ohio St

Michigan

TCU

Tenn

Oregon

LSU

USC

Alabama

Clemson

I think there will eventually be 2 undefeated's Georgia and lets say Ohio State because they get Michigan at home, that's it. I think there will be 4 1 loss teams. Michigan, TCU, Tenn and Clemson. The rest of the top 10 I think will be 2 loss teams by the end.

This would be a good year for the 1 loss teams to have it be a 12 team playoff. But it's not. I don't think Clemson can recover enough to be in the mix, and it'll be between TCU/Michigan/Tenn I think TCU loses out because they just don't have the cache of Michigan or Tenn.