Notre Dame vs BYU

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Oct 3, 2022.

1. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Both D and O made big plays in the closing minutes. Satisfying win over a good RANkED opponent. Great efforts by Diggs and Estemi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tim Gentry

Tim Gentry Well-Known Member

Now that they won. I hope they pitched those uniforms out the plane on the flight back to SB.

3. Tim Gentry

Couple of things:

I didn't think Pyne was capable of having a game like that. He improves each game as do several other players but him obviously.

I doubt we will ever see Buchner start another game for ND. As much as I like him it became evident in the short time we saw him he is not going to start at ND again. This win was important in more ways than one. It gives ND an opportunity to finish with at least 8 wins and hopefully more.

The next two games at home are not only very winable but important for recruiting as a couple of possible commits for the 23 class will be there. A really good 4* RB and WR will be there and we stand a good chance of landing both and ending up with a very nice class. Winning these next 3 games will show that even with the terrible start the Irish are headed in the right direction.

This was a big win in many ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  4. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

Before the season many online posters thought that this was one of the most difficult games for the Irish after the opener. I think Syracuse on the road will be a real struggle. From what I've seen so far Clemson is certainly beatable and the Trogs have been unimpressive at times this year also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Play of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tim Gentry

Where has Thomas been?

7. Terry O'Keefe

Reading the various forums I visit I never cease to be amazed at the negative stuff people bring up.

1. Almost 500 yds offense, balanced between running and passing. Yet a common post is the play calling sucked. Rees needs to go. Certainly not every play call was a great call. But the offense was very good and the OCoord being called out as sucking.. a bit over the top.

2. Burn those damn uniforms? Personally I thought that they looked very sharp. But anything other than gold pants and either navy home and white road jerseys is cause for scorn.

3. Selling special Shamrock Series merchandise is just evidence of ND administration money grubbing. I am pretty sure there is a group of ND fans who think the only ND gear should be Navy / Gray ND sweatshirts made by Champion and they should be sold out of a small old store on the South Quad. More money grubbing.

4. Music that Here Come the Irish played for the last 15 years at least is awful and ruins gameday.

5. Announcers are awful and watching the game on mute is preferred. I think Trico and Dungy were given passes the rest of the bunch are bad.

I am pretty sure there are at least 500 fans who could game plan and coach better on game day than any and all of the coaching staff.

8. Terry O'Keefe

One thing that seems to be universal was that the trip to Vegas was a big success. The crowd was the largest for a College ever in Alligent Stadium.

Those who were in attendance said it was an awesome stadium.

9. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Who knows but I think you should handle them easily. Purdue should have beaten them...on the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

Maybe not easily, but we can beat them, especially if we continue to improve as a team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Terry, call me Captain Obvious, but we both know there are many people everywhere, especially among so-called Notre Dame fans, who are naturally contrarian and who never will change. Last night's rants are a perfect example that some people will never be satisfied or pleased. I've learned over the years to ignore them. You have a much more level temperament than I, so you can read their drivel without having a visceral reaction. I don't have that luxury.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Terry O'Keefe

Big win for the Womens Soccer team over a top 5 FSU team.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The No. 17 Notre Dame women’s soccer team (11-2-0, 4-2-0) made yet another emphatic statement inside Alumni Stadium, this time dominating No. 3 Florida State (9-1-1, 5-1-0), 4-0.

Today’s win marks the first time in program history the Irish have beaten two top-three teams during the regular season (previously beating No. 2 Virginia). In addition, it marks the first time Notre Dame has beaten both Virginia and Florida State in the same season since joining the ACC in 2013.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tim Gentry

History often repeats it's self. Losing to lesser talented teams is part of just about every college football history.
    Soooooo...the only team I'm worried about right now is Stanford. Yes, I no they are a mess but...never take ANY team for granted. Assume they will have their best game of the season and ND should plan accordingly. Find a way to beat Stanford!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  14. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

I can see Buchner in the portal at any point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Terry O'Keefe

Blast from the past

16. IrishCorey

IrishCorey Well-Known Member

thank God someone finally said this.