Playoffs and the Bowls.

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Terry O'Keefe, Dec 21, 2020.

1. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

7 deadliest words was my favorite bit. And I agree with George....Tits should be a nickname....

2. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Ha that was my point. Your post was like the Carlin joke.

3. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stu Ryckman

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

Looking forward to a really good game tonight, I think Alabama wins 45-31 or something like that...just too much fire power on the Alabama offense and if Ohio State is missing a couple of key players on their defense it'll be hard to hold the Tide down.

6. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

Two very strikingly similar teams - explosive offenses with great speed and skill on the outside. Outstanding O-lines with strong running games - Sermon is not Najee, but it's hard to imagine how he could be any more productive. Great QB play, Fields, if healthy, provides an added dimension in the Q run threat - but Mac was a Heisman finalist for a reason. Two of the very best offenses that either of these storied programs have put on the field.

Not so for either defense....not our best by a long shot, Bama as well. Both have been exposed on the back end a few times and have a nasty habit of giving up explosive plays downfield. I think we played a little better against Clemson, but Fabio - even tho he got beat around a little, still got his.

If we have all weapons - i.e, Fields is run capable, whoever has the ball last wins, imo. Both teams will get their shots.....three to four defensive stops wins. I'm hopeful we can run the ball just a little bit better. I like our chances with Sermon delivering a message behind the bully pulpit O-line. 42-38 Buckeyes over a really, really outstanding Bama.

7. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Ohio State really surprised me against Clemson. I had underestimated them clearly. Hard to imagine Fields has another game like that one; that as one of the greatest QB performances I have ever seen. Sermon runs like Jimmy Brown; he makes you pay for tackling him. I love that style. I look for Bama to try to take the TEs out of the game plan for OSU. They really made a difference against Clemson.

Vegas has this Buckeyes + 8.5 which I find astounding.

8. kp

kp Well-Known Member

As usual, turnovers may be the deciding factor. Ohio State's performance against Clemson changed the dynamic. Like the others above have said, these teams will trade scores for the whole game. A couple of stops or at least field goals will be the difference. As hard as it is for me to admit, defense will not be the deciding factor. Penalties and/or turnovers may be the keys. If Ohio State plays like they did against Clemson, Alabama will be in trouble.

9. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

I agree Kp, turnovers & penalties are always a problem and change the course of a game in a hurry. I hope Fields will be physically able to compete, if not we will definitely be at a disadvantage. Good luck to both teams!

10. kp

kp Well-Known Member

Don, I thought Fields said he was good to go?

11. Stu Ryckman

He said he’d be ready to play. They’re kinda hush hush about any limitations. He’s a tough kid.

12. Stu Ryckman

Somehow I doubt they call any QB runs. That alone would make a difference.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Terry O'Keefe

A lot of talk about the Buckeyes coming out and running a lot of tempo on Alabama.

14. Don Ballard

Don Ballard Well-Known Member

Kp you know you can't believe anything in print!;)

15. Terry O'Keefe

I wonder if Jaylon Waddell is really going to play? Is Saban forcing Ohio State to prepare for a guy who isn't going to actually play.

Next question is, after missing the majority of the season what player will show up today? 100% of the best of Waddell or 80%,50%,?

16. Stu Ryckman

50% still scary. :eek:

17. BuckeyeT

BuckeyeT Well-Known Member

He's definitely gonna be there, just not sure what version will be available. I'd be shocked if we saw any called Q runs early which will limit our run game but it is what it is....they're all just gonna have to suck it up and play with what they got

18. kp

kp Well-Known Member

To be honest, if Jones is on, I'm not sure it matters. Waddle is amazing but there is not a big drop off with Metchie or Bolden. I've said it said it before, the combination of Smith, Ketchup, Bolden, Billingsly, and Najee Harris is very formidable. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him back but our offense has been pretty good while he has been out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Terry O'Keefe

Back in August I doubted that we could get here, I wondered what the cost would be, would there be players get seriously ill and even pass away. Certainly players have gotten sick but it does seem like the vast majority had no or mild symptoms.

Programs have learned to be nimble with the schedule, BYU /CCU weren't scheduled to play on Monday, but a deal was made on Wed and BYU got on a plane and a game was played. A lot of stories like that.

Not enough games for OSU, well maybe so but they showed up and kicked some butt proving they belonged.

Hoping for a great game to end an improbable season. Can't imagine how the fall would have been without college football. Kudos to the ACC/SEC/B12 (and BYU) for showing it could be done and the result was the rest of the leagues said wait a minute! We want to play, and we got a lot of games.

Where would we be if when the Big 10 and PAC 12 said that they weren't going to play till the Spring and the ACC/SEC/B12 had followed along?

20. Terry O'Keefe

13 Buckeyes unavailable.