Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Stu, fantastic video. I don't see any political agenda in the video, and the information is credible and well presented, based on facts and data. As with other theories, it could be mistaken. The travesty is that opposing viewpoints by EXPERTS and SCIENTISTS like this aren't even allowed to be discussed because they aren't the correct "type" of expert and scientist preferred by the Left Coalition.

It is quite evident that Trump does listen to experts and scientists. When I hear the Left Coalition berating him for not following the science, what I hear is that he doesn't listen to the ones THEY want him to listen to. This information directly supports (even if unintentionally) many of his comments (it being imperative to open the country back up, the virus going away, that masks should be a personal choice) showing the comments were based on information from experts and scientists after all.

Whether this information is correct or not doesn't even matter. There are credible experts and scientists with this opinion. Period. He listens to those experts and scientists. Will they end up being wrong? Maybe. Will the Left's favorite doom sayers be wrong? Maybe. Regardless, there should be apologies all around, but fake news is going to keep fake newsing so I won't hold my breath.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

The United States' image around the world has plummeted in the wake of its coronavirus response, a major global survey has found.
    People in several of America's allied nations are dismayed by President Donald Trump's handling of the crisis and view him as less trustworthy than other world leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping, according to the survey by the Pew Research Center.
    Favorability toward the US in the UK, Canada, France, Japan and Australia is the lowest it has been in at least two decades, the survey found.

3. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

Will watch later tonight.

But Kesley's cinnebt about credible us right on. Absolutely right that the people who harp on listen to the science mean listen to their scientists. In reality science frequently disagrees.

Will watch tonight or in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stu Ryckman

Stu Ryckman Well-Known Member

Dave rather than comment on the video you continue to pump out “polls”. The video is from (I think) a non biased Irish source and includes a lot of impressive (to me) scientific analysis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Motorcity Gator

Pure insanity:
    "And his pressure on Redfield left no doubt that his short-term electoral considerations are far more important to him than a credible inoculation that Americans trust.
    The President's power play also left the position of the CDC chief untenable, even though his statements were essentially accurate.
    After a telephone call from the President and Trump's public rebuke, a CDC official told CNN that Redfield now realized that he misunderstood the questions about the vaccines.
    His climbdown left his credibility shattered and means that any future statements he makes will be viewed through the prism of Trump's bullying interference based on incessant efforts to undermine science."

Trump has zero medical training or expertise and yet it is he that overrides everyone in the medical community about when the vaccine will be ready.... including the head of the CDC.
    And think about it..... every single time anyone from any department of government opposes the view of Donald Trump then Trump labels that person as incompetent or inaccurate..... every damn time without exception he does this whether it be military brass or medical experts.
    Pure insanity.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  6. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

I wonder if a vaccine is ready before the end of the year will Democrats reject it because it was developed under Trump? Will they wait till Biden takes office and puts new people in the FDA and CDC and they approve any vaccine? Will someone like Dave reject it till he has a Biden approved vaccine?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Motorcity Gator

If Trump is in office and only he approves it I will only take it when I witness himself and his family and Mitch McConnell taking it first.... and then I'll be waiting about a week to see if any of em keel over.
    If Fauci and Redfield and Birx all say it's safe and let's go with it I would like to be the first in line.
    How about you? You trust a Trump only vaccine?
    If so maybe your patients will let me fly down to Houston and perform your next couple of crowns and root canals..... maybe extract a wisdom tooth or two.

8. Stu Ryckman

I don't believe there will be a "Trump only" vaccine. I believe that it will be scientifically proven before being released...and probably it won't be released in time to affect the election. Anything approved or announced before the election will be politicized by the left. And yes I will take the vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

What anyone - right or left - outside the medical/science community says would have no impact whatsoever on my decision. If it's been officially approved by the appropriate medical/science authorities, I'd take it. The timing wouldn't matter. I would think that anyone with a functioning brain would feel the same. I don't doubt that it would be heavily politicized on both sides, because it's the world we live in, but it would not affect me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Terry O'Keefe

That's my point, there is no Trump vaccine, he has no medical company working on this and all of the major companies working on this about a month ago said they wouldn't bow to political pressure to release a vaccine that has not passed all the scrutiny/tests that are required.

Yet I believe somebody like Dave who is so paranoid about everything Trump, actually believes that if a vaccine is approved during Trumps term in office that it won't be valid because it was developed while Trump was in office so it must not have been properly vetted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

I think that the question is not when will the vaccine be APPROVED but when will it be AVAILABLE. I'm not sure that the FDA has as much information about availability as do the pharma companies. From what I've read there have already been millions of dosages already manufactured waiting for approval. If that's true then the question is how quickly it can get to the public. There's some indication of the need for refrigeration that might influence the timing. I've got a cruise planned for next June and I'd really like to be vaccinated before then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

Terry, my guess is that the Trump vaccine = death rants are a proactive response to try and blunt any election benefit Trump would receive if a vax were approved before selection day.

Considering that Trump does not the authority to unilaterally approve a vaccine and that any vaccine has to be approved by FDA after all protocols are passed, the ranters trust of the FDA appears to be solely based on the timing of the approval. They will be on board with taking the vaccine if it is approved after ED but not before.

So the “trust the scientists” contingent sets a condition for their trust upon a political calculation.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  13. Terry O'Keefe

FWIW I will get the vaccine if I'm in the group that gets it first. There won't be enough initially to allow you to go to Walgreens and get it like the Flu shot. Whether or not Dentists and dental personnel will be in that first group I don't know.

14. Motorcity Gator

"If it's been officially approved by the appropriate medical/science authorities, I'd take it. The timing wouldn't matter. I would think that anyone with a functioning brain would feel the same."

I said that I agree with this Sid..... and if it is approved by the appropriate medical experts and authorities I will be first in line..... no matter when that were to occur.

Let me be clear..... Trump is the farthest thing from being a trustworthy medical expert or authority so what he says about the timing doesn't mean ****.

15. Motorcity Gator

Looks like Trump has found his foil.... a neuroradiologist who is now an "infectious disease expert" even though that is not his field. Deborah Birx is reportedly ready to bail on Trump's Covid Task Force as a result.
    "Atlas, a neuroradiologist without expertise in infectious diseases, has seen his prominent role on the task force come under some scrutiny as respected medical experts have questioned his controversial flirtation with "herd immunity" as a solution for the outbreak in the US."

16. Stu Ryckman

Not making a political statement...I do wear a mask;

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Motorcity Gator

Trump is being taken by Marine One the helicopter right now over to Walter Reed Hospital.

Now described by doctors as having a moderate case of Covid-19.

18. Terry O'Keefe

I hope everyone puts their partisan feelings aside and puts the President and all those dealing with the virus in their prayers

19. Terry O'Keefe

The President of Notre Dame is positive and he was at the ceremony where Judge Barrett was introduced as the Supreme Court nominee. He did not wear a mask.

He has received a lot of criticism for that and he has issued an apology for the lack of judgment.

20. Terry O'Keefe

Also it has been revealed that Judge Barrett and her husband both had COVID-19 this past summer and recovered.