Trump in Tampa

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Motorcity Gator, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

My 63 year old ex-boss of 10 years was in this group today. He almost dies every time he gets a chest cold. Good luck.....
    [​IMG]

2. gipper

gipper Well-Known Member

The virus doesn't operate in street demonstrations, haven't you learned that?

3. Motorcity Gator

Here is a commentary on Trump's careless anti-safety stance on Covid-19 and that of the GOP in general including newly infected Louis Gohmert:
    "Fears from this GOP culture of selfishness were aggravated on Saturday when Arizona Democrat Rep. Raúl Grijalva -- who attended a hearing with Gohmert earlier this week -- announced he had tested positive for Covid-19. While Grijalva noted in a statement he could not "blame anyone directly" for contracting the virus, he took aim at the GOP members of Congress for exposing people to the Covid-19 risk, stating, "Numerous Republican members routinely strut around the Capitol without a mask to selfishly make a political statement at the expense of their colleagues, staff, and their families."
    The refusal of some in the GOP to wear a mask and ridicule those who did comes right from the leader of the GOP: President Donald Trump. From the outset of this virus, Trump refused to wear a mask and worse, at a May 26 press conference, he despicably mocked a reporter for wearing a mask claiming the journalist was only doing so "to be politically correct."
    He also failed to encourage supporters at his controversial Tulsa rally to cover their faces. One of those maskless supporters, former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, contracted the virus less than two weeks after the rally. It's not known exactly where he got infected, but his death was announced last Thursday.

4. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I dunno about the masks Dave. My wife will tell you that if Jean's and skivvies cant stop a fart from hitting the atmosphere, what good does it do to wear a mask around me?

5. Motorcity Gator

Good point AJ....do you know that people used to cough to cover a fart and now they fart to cover a cough. :)