Coronavirus information

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by WSU1996kesley, Mar 13, 2020.

1. George Krebs

George Krebs Well-Known Member

Bill, watch this short instructional video and apply to your situation on here. You can buy me a beer the next time you see me :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Gator Bill

Gator Bill Well-Known Member Administrator

3. Motorcity Gator

Motorcity Gator Well-Known Member

Bill I see your logic.
    For you Fauci is still telling people they don't need to wear masks because he said it once on March 8th and you along with Trump and his supporters became deaf after March 8th and haven't heard him the hundreds of times since that he said it is critical to wear a mask to stop the virus spread.
    You must still believe in Santa Claus because your mommy said he was real when you were 5 years old.

4. Gator Bill

That is desperate attempt MCG, as a matter of fact I wear a mask everywhere. I keep several in the car and use them every time we go out.

But it typical of the crap you post to try and prove your point.

In short you are pathetic as to how you approach things.

Grow up and don't accuse me of things you know nothing about. But it does show who your are and how much faith we can put in what you present as facts.

5. Motorcity Gator

So Bill if you think Fauci has long since moved along from that statement why don't you think that the leadership in New York and their people have done anything correctly to reduce their Covid numbers to such low amounts? Just pure luck?
    And Florida has experienced just bad luck? DeSantis has done everything right and is a hero to oversee the largest increase of cases in the world and today hit the 4th day in a row of record deaths in his state?

If you think life is normal here Bill in your former state of residence you are sadly mistaken. It's just amazing to me that you cannot see the importance of what is going on now in Florida vs. what is going on in New York right now. You don't see any difference? Seriously??

I am done.... it's like trying to make a point to a brick wall.

6. Gator Bill

Quit trying to put words in my mouth Dave. You don't have a clue, don't seem to understand just how much more testing is going on now which means if we were testing at the same level when NY was having all those deaths they would have many more cases. Then they only tested if it was reason to suspect the virus. Now everyone who wants to get tested is getting tested. Near a million tests a day in the USA.

You just let your TDS get carried away to the point that you lose all sense of logic.

I am not going to quit following you because I am going to make damn sure you don't take your illogical TDS to the sports board.

But I am not sure just how much more I am willing to talk back and forth with someone as illogical as you. We are likely to reach a point that I will only observe and you may have to talk Nebraska football with AJ if you want conversation.

7. Motorcity Gator

My final word on this.... logical or not is that if you look at the new cases curve NY is almost flattened at the bottom and Florida rises to the top like Mt. Everest.

Maybe you can't see the logic of how that could be..... but it's fact.
    Someone has been doing something to inhibit the spread of Covid-19 and someone has not.

Good luck Bill...... be safe.

8. Gator Bill

Your last word as usual is lacking in logical thought.

First the covid hit the northeast before other parts of the country so naturally will drop off as others are rising. A logical person would realize this.

Second when NY was having all those deaths, many caused by a Governor who put covid patients in nursing homes without caring about the elderly people who were there and would die. Anyway while NY were having their deaths rise they only tested people who a doctor thought had a possibility of being sick. Now anyone can get tested and the USA is testing about a million people a day and that means many more would be discovered who would not get seriously ill. If that type testing was being done while the Governor was being careless and causing deaths then their cases would be much higher. A logical person would realize this.

But then you are not logical, but driven by hate which I don't understand. But that's your problem.

You should do some more research before making statements which can so easily be discounted.

Some day when you are capable of seeing the other point, which I doubt will ever happen, perhaps we can talk again. But in the meantime I hope this is your final word and it is very unlikely I will answer again to a person who steadfastly lets his hate for a good president get in the way of clear thinking.

I am done with you until that happens and I doubt it ever will. I also doubt that by this time you will find very many others who are willing to put up with your crap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Motorcity Gator

Had to comment because now I see your logic Bill.
    We really don't have to do anything to mitigate the spread of the virus because it will just magically go away like it has in New York obviously.
    What in hell are we taking all of the mask wearing and social distancing measures.... closing bars etc. when all we have to do is nothing and wait for it to magically disappear like it has in New York.
    Thanks for that insight Bill...... making my bar karaoke plans for tomorrow night with as large a group as I can get together based on your new insight I didn't previously own.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

Dave!...Got some requests for you then!

(1) Paranoid by Ozzy
    (2) Shattered by the Stones
    (3) No sleep till Brooklyn by Beastie Boys

11. Terry O'Keefe

Terry O'Keefe Well-Known Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Scott is practicing solo distancing!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Motorcity Gator

Ha AJ.... I might be able to do a little War Pigs by Black Sabbath, and I do Jumpin Jack Flash, Angie, Honky Tonk Women and Gimme Shelter by the Stones. Haven't done any Beastie Boys..... so far.

Here I am socially distancing:
    [​IMG]

13. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

LOL! The wife always said she wanted a lake house, and I needed a new blind, so VOILA!
    I built the Queen-mother of blinds! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Bobdawolverweasel

Bobdawolverweasel Well-Known Member

15. Scott88

Scott88 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I think I'll stand at the back of that line if I'm Russian...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Motorcity Gator

Meanwhile NY continues to get lucky with the virus:
    "New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said when it comes to reporting the latest Covid-19 numbers, it is “all very good news.”
    Of the 58,951 total tested, 531 people tested positive for Covid-19 across the state, which brings the state to a 0.09% positive rate, Cuomo said.
    Cuomo said 556 people are hospitalized with the virus and that is “the lowest number since we began."
    Intensive care unit admission is down to 141 people, with 71 people intubated, the governor said.
    Three people were reported dead from the virus, the governor said.
    Very lucky....
    Meanwhile Florida is not so lucky..... 9600 new cases yesterday and 179 deaths.

And this from a soon to be relieved of his duties member of the White House coronavirus task force:
    Hydroxychloroquine is not recommended as a treatment for Covid-19, Adm. Brett Giroir, a member of the White House coronavirus task force said on NBC on Sunday.
    “At this point in time, there’s been five randomized controlled, placebo controlled trials, that do not show any benefit to hydroxychloroquine,” Giroir said. “So, at this point in time, we don’t recommend that as a treatment.”
    Giroir said that hydroxychloroquine needs to be prescribed by a physician, and there may be circumstances where it is prescribed, in response to a question about the potentially mixed messages that are being sent out about the drug.
    “But I think most physicians and prescribers are evidence based and they’re not influenced by whatever is on Twitter or anything else,” he said. “And the evidence just doesn’t show that hydroxychloroquine is effective right now.”

Really?? Ummmm.... see ya Brett!! Thanks for playing......

17. WSU1996kesley

WSU1996kesley Well-Known Member

Another episode on CNN about Hydroxychloroquine:

The chyron writers were in rare, TDS form in this one.

The Left consistently says "listen to the experts, listen to the science" all while preventing science from happening and INTENDING to say "listen only to the experts that agree with us".

Amazing that Trump has been able to fend off the superstar Lefties team single-handedly for four years.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Motorcity Gator

Yeah I can't imagine Trump will keep Brett Giroir around for much longer.....

19. HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN

HUSKERMAN-HUSKERFAN Well-Known Member

I'M READY WHEN YOU ARE DAVE!

20. Motorcity Gator

Ready AJ I'll start.

Hey... when are you guys going to be relevant again? ;)